Jam2 6.7+ 2019 29” compatible on the rear?

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I’ve had a search, but couldn’t find anything.

I’ve ‘mulletised’ my Jam2, I was expecting to find no difference at all, but to my surprise I really like it.

I ride mainly XC trail type stuff, with a bit of wooded single track, so don’t need the laugh out loud 2.8” stock ‘balloon’ tyres.

Does a 29” rim fit on the back as well? I’ve not got a flip chip or anything, I understand the carbon frames do, but mine is the alloy frame.

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
The 2019 6.8 plus won't, the tyre jams against the frame when inflated. I got some superstar wheels to try it. With minions on, there was no way it would work. Didn't look like it would work with a slicker tyre either.
I tried the mullet setup at BPW but it felt a bit subdued. It was smoother but it wasn't as agile. So I went back to 27.5" the superstars sit on my wardrobe ready for when I forget it happened and think "what are these and I wonder..." again :)

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
The 2019 6.8 plus won't, the tyre jams against the frame when inflated. I got some superstar wheels to try it. With minions on, there was no way it would work. Didn't look like it would work with a slicker tyre either.
I tried the mullet setup at BPW but it felt a bit subdued. It was smoother but it wasn't as agile. So I went back to 27.5" the superstars sit on my wardrobe ready for when I forget it happened and think "what are these and I wonder..." again :)

Thanks for that, I did offer up the 29“ front I’ve fitted to the rear, and it did look tight even with a 2.25 Maxxis Ardent on it.

I‘ve read some spec sheets of the 2019 models that the frame is 29” compatible, but I didn’t want buy a new wheel on the off chance. Maybe it was the carbon frame models with the flip chip that were.

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
Thanks for that, I did offer up the 29“ front I’ve fitted to the rear, and it did look tight even with a 2.25 Maxxis Ardent on it.

I‘ve read some spec sheets of the 2019 models that the frame is 29” compatible, but I didn’t want buy a new wheel on the off chance. Maybe it was the carbon frame models with the flip chip that were.

Flip chip would make sense.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles