Focus jam2 6.8 plus compatible with 29” wheels?

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway
Im currently looking at the jam2 6.8 plus and was wondering if it is compatible with 29" wheels? And if it is, is it an easy swap? This will be my first emtb and dont know anything about sensors and that kind of things. All help and info is much appreciated.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Why not buy a Jam2 6.8 NINE? That comes with the 29" wheels already fitted.

Or is it that you can only find the 6.8 plus? If so, be sure that you can get the wheels you are looking for beforehand.

I have never checked, therefore I cannot be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that a 29" wheel will fit straight into the frame in place of the 27.5" wheels. When a small company like Focus sell one bike with options like that, I cannot see them designing a different frame.

But I am happy to be corrected by someone who knows for sure.

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway
You are correct. The 6.8 plus is the only one available. I have no problems with 27.5+ but I prefer 29" and would like to have the option to upgrade to 29" wheels in the near future. Besides that, the 6.8 Nine has a higher price, but also has a better fork, but Fox 34 is more than enough for my kind of riding.

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway
There is a slight difference, but anyway, I'm in big luck today. Received an email from one of the local dealers and they have the 6.8 Nine in stock, so ordered it. Got the black version. Really excited now! :D

Shy Ted

Aug 20, 2019
Inbed
I’ve got a 2020 Jam2 6.8 Nine and there’s an option to switch to 27.5. You flick a gizmo on the rear to take either size wheel. It also came with a different size disc brake mount. I’m pretty sure the front is a case of simply swapping the wheels. I’m pretty sure it’s the same on the 2021 version.

Landy Andy

Feb 8, 2021
Herts
I’ve got a 2020 Jam2 6.8 Nine and there’s an option to switch to 27.5. You flick a gizmo on the rear to take either size wheel. It also came with a different size disc brake mount. I’m pretty sure the front is a case of simply swapping the wheels. I’m pretty sure it’s the same on the 2021 version.
That is what was on the Jam when I looked at it in the shop.

Phil_st

Apr 25, 2021
Gold Coast Queensland Australia
That is what was on the Jam when I looked at it in the shop.
Why not buy a Jam2 6.8 NINE? That comes with the 29" wheels already fitted.

Or is it that you can only find the 6.8 plus? If so, be sure that you can get the wheels you are looking for beforehand.

I have never checked, therefore I cannot be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that a 29" wheel will fit straight into the frame in place of the 27.5" wheels. When a small company like Focus sell one bike with options like that, I cannot see them designing a different frame.

But I am happy to be corrected by someone who knows for sure.
The answer is YES you can run 29’ers on the front and back, I was looking at the bike in shop today and the Fox fork has the 27.5 - 29 sizing written in it and the little gizmo what ever it is at the back can be flipped

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles