Is this model upgrade worth £500?

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Looking at two models of the same bike with a £500 difference because of upgraded parts. The frames, wheels, stem's, bars are identical. The upgrades are Shock: Rockshox deluxe to Fox Float X.
Forks: Rockshox Zeb to Fox 38's
Drivetrain: Deore to Sram Eagle
Brakes: Deore to Magura MT7's.
If I could get the colour I liked in the lower spec I probably would, but I'm not overly keen on it which is one reason why I'm even looking at upgrading. Just wondering if I'd just be throwing £500 away without getting a lot of benefit from it? I have heard good things about the brakes though.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I think either model would be good! I prefer Magura over Shimano. Sram over Shimano & Rockshox over Fox so am no help really 😂 though replacement XD cassette are expensive these days but spec might be an NX cassette, if lower spec Shimano better value than Sram NX!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Have you never watched The Apprentice man , go in there and haggle ! You might not get anything off the bike but they could throw in some extras !

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
The trouble is that the bike’s not in the shop…I’ll just be pre ordering it so doubt they’re going to give me any incentives.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles