Is this correct? Seems not right...

Agamemnon

Nov 17, 2019
Florida
Should the cable stick out that far from the seat dropper lever? Seems long, no? How to fix? Haibike all man 2.0
Loving the bike. It makes me smile everytime I mount it.
Thanks

163A76F3-5B05-485C-80FF-50AA56F69A83.jpeg

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
It's fine, you could cut it shorter by a cm, but what is it doing on the right side of the bar? You wouldn't notice it if the lever was underneath on the left side of the bar where they are normally mounted.

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
I'd recommend it on the left too, I had one fitted above the bars like this once and I tried to lower my seatpost while going down a rocky section, hit a bump which bounced my hand clean off the bars.

If it was on the other side (and underneath the handlebars my thumb would have hooked the handlebar and prevented an off.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Seems to be normal on the Allmtn 2.0

haibike.jpg

I guess if you put it on the underside on the left it would interfere with the gear selectors for the front rings.

I had a similar problem on my e8000 with the e8000 shifters on the left, the dropper I bought wouldn't fit on the left with the large switch gear, so I had to mount it on top on the right - though I pointed the cable exit downwards more, so it didn't stick out as much. Until I switched to an e7000 controller and could swap it over onto the left.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
My recommendation would be to rid yourself of the front shifter and derailleur and go with a single ring up front and then mount the Dropper lever under the bar in the left side.

Reactions: AJR

Agamemnon

Nov 17, 2019
Florida
E9C5A57A-73B3-4CC9-82D4-D4CA02A5F774.jpeg
Thanks all for the replies.

Al, what can I say, to an elite world champion except—respect.

But no way am I changing anything at this point.
This is my first mountain bike, the first time I’ve paid over 2k for any bicycle, and I’ve had some nice bicycles since the early 80’s.
I tested an BH lynx atom 6 with single ring up front the same day at Crazy Lennys (mad props) Winter park—and found it lacking for a next gear to keep going.
And,bro, I smoked cigarettes for almost 40 years — I welcome the help of the extra ring AND battery.
The twin rings on the 2.0 are precisely one of the reasons I purchased it. That and the experience of being able to test ride a bicycle at all.

My hope is that ebikes in general blow up in popularity—to help with people being healthier and greener, and for areas outside of the USA’s big cities to have real and meaningful bicycle infrastructure.

Now until that time, maybe I can make friends here and hit Alafia, Balm Boyette, and Santos? Here in Central Florida.
Al, you wanna ride Ridgeline with me?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles