Yamaha Motor - It's a right little goer!

doire fad

Oct 21, 2018
uk
I sold my 2019 Levo that had the Brose 2.1 motor in it. Supposedly the best out there.

In the interim I have been using the wifes Sduro Hardseven 1.0 with the Yamaha motor (2018). Downhill is now WAY more exciting!

I'll tell you what it's a right torquey little blighter, maybe not as smooth as the brose, but at least as much grunt.

I'm impressed. In fact I'm very impressed.

doire fad

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Agree. I have the Yamaha in my Hardseven and it has been faultless over 4 years slogging up long hills. Apart from ultimate power, I much prefer it to my Flyon.

Now that is interesting! Preferred to the Flyon is quite something to hear.

It was quite surprising to me how well it did v the Brose Mag S 2.1 on the same long and very steep hill.

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
Now that is interesting! Preferred to the Flyon is quite something to hear.
Don’t get me wrong. If I have a heavily loaded bike on a long hill it is the Flyon every time :)
But just bimbling along more lightly loaded, the Yamaha is a very easy ride - and greater range too. It’s really horses for courses. I love both bikes.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I love the Yamaha in my Giant. I recently had to spend a 100 miles or so on a Shimano powered bike, and while I really like the Shimano E8000, I believe the Yamaha is both smoother and stronger.

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA
The wife has a 2020 Haibike I have the Brose Yamaha sweet little Motor (y)

Akemtb

Mar 1, 2019
Anchorage Alaska
Thousands of miles on the Bosch Gen3, have tested the Brose and Bosch Gen4, currently have about 700miles on a Haibike Full Fatsix 10.0 with WR-X2, the Yamaha rocks!

Yea, I'm a boomer....Ride on!

Chris808

Aug 17, 2020
Bolton
1600 Miles with Yamaha PWX. haibike allmtn 2.. No problems..
Great Motor..

Edit : 2220 miles now - No Problems

Last edited:

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I sold my 2019 Levo that had the Brose 2.1 motor in it. Supposedly the best out there.

In the interim I have been using the wifes Sduro Hardseven 1.0 with the Yamaha motor (2018). Downhill is now WAY more exciting!

I'll tell you what it's a right torquey little blighter, maybe not as smooth as the brose, but at least as much grunt.

I'm impressed. In fact I'm very impressed.
Agreed my first reaction on testing the motor was good!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles