Is this a charging fault ?

MrNice

Jun 25, 2021
Wales
I've been out on my bike today and when I came home I put it to charge. I finished my ride with 3 bars of battery which is half way. The motor is a Bosch performance line cx. Anyway, it was on charge for around 3 hours and the purine display was lit up but not charging.
I then unplugged it from the socket on the wall and changed it to another socket and it started charging, I put it back into the original socket I was using and it also began charging.

My question is... is this a common issue issue and is it a fault ? as obviously it should just be connected to the bike and charging straight away.

Thanks

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ideally you leave it for a while after a ride before charging in case the battery is hot. The Bosch might have temperature cutouts to stop charging when hot - no idea.

Maybe the plug to the bike top tube or the wall socket wasn't quite connected correctly the first time ?!

But no, not normal.

You can normally hear the bosch charger click when it opens the charging relay and click again when it stops.

MrNice

Jun 25, 2021
Wales
Ideally you leave it for a while after a ride before charging in case the battery is hot. The Bosch might have temperature cutouts to stop charging when hot - no idea.

Maybe the plug to the bike top tube or the wall socket wasn't quite connected correctly the first time ?!

But no, not normal.

You can normally hear the bosch charger click when it opens the charging relay and click again when it stops.
Thanks, I wouldn't have thought the battery was still hot as it was over an hour since I finished the ride .

I'll keep an eye on it incase it happens again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles