Is there an App for the commencal meta power?

mackmint

Sep 18, 2020
Reading
I'm about to buy a end hand..well 3rd hand Meta Power and the current owner doesn't know whether there is an app to link to the bike with, where you can change assistance in each mode e.g like mission control for the Specialized. So my first question is whether there is such an app? Secondly if there is an you link via bluetooth do you need a special code for the bike? and Thirdly if you do need a code and the present owner doesn't know it, is there anyway to find it out? Thanks

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
There's the Shimano e-tube app (android version - E-TUBE PROJECT - Apps on Google Play) , and a Ride app as well (haven't used that one).

The e-tube app lets you update firmware, set different levels of assist for the modes, and requires a passcode to connect to your bike. I think if you lose it you need to go to a service centre to get it reset?

I would try pairing your phone to the bike to check - look at the pairing steps (from memory you have to do it within 30s of the bike turning on), have the app on your phone ready to use (start it up before you go to check the bike - sometimes it downloads stuff), and try the default code if the owner hasn't changed it.

mackmint

Sep 18, 2020
Reading
There's the Shimano e-tube app (android version - E-TUBE PROJECT - Apps on Google Play) , and a Ride app as well (haven't used that one).

The e-tube app lets you update firmware, set different levels of assist for the modes, and requires a passcode to connect to your bike. I think if you lose it you need to go to a service centre to get it reset?

I would try pairing your phone to the bike to check - look at the pairing steps (from memory you have to do it within 30s of the bike turning on), have the app on your phone ready to use (start it up before you go to check the bike - sometimes it downloads stuff), and try the default code if the owner hasn't changed it.
Thanks for the reply. I've found the app and tried to connect but all the standard passwords like 000000 or 123456 won't connect me. I have a code on the key for the battery and have tried using just the numbers or the letter and numbers but again no luck. I think I'll have to take it to a shop and hope they take pity on me!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
A Shimano service centre should be able to reset the code back to 0000 for you, most decent LBS are service centres and have the kit to do this.
This is the Shimano app, but it has been recently updated, and may not connect with the bike if it has never had its firmware updated (which is done via the app)

Shimano User Manual

mackmint

Sep 18, 2020
Reading
A Shimano service centre should be able to reset the code back to 0000 for you, most decent LBS are service centres and have the kit to do this.
This is the Shimano app, but it has been recently updated, and may not connect with the bike if it has never had its firmware updated (which is done via the app)

Shimano User Manual

Thanks I've got my bike booked in to get the firmware updates and password reset next week.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles