Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
:giggle: it goes on the inside of the right seat stay
IMG_4831.jpg

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
went for my first ride with the Meta Power Fox today. Really really great bike. The fork works great and the DPX2 is amazing. Probably the weight of the bike and the tyres are what makes it so stable, but I really felt confident going down the hardest trails. I think I'm gonna improve on all my strava downhill segments.

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Put my dropper lever in the proper place and moved the mode shifter to the right, actually worked pretty good. The dropper was right under the thumb and the mode shifter was easily pressed. Will work till the E7000 switch is available..
SHIFTER 3.jpg

SHIFTER4.jpg

SHIFTER5.jpg

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
Just bought a couple of tubeless valves to convert to Tubeless. The E13 TRS wheels come mounted with a nice looking tape inside. Anyone can confirm if I can convert the wheels to tubeless as they are or do I need to add any extra tape? Also, what volume of sealant should I add for the 2.5 tyres?

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Just bought a couple of tubeless valves to convert to Tubeless. The E13 TRS wheels come mounted with a nice looking tape inside. Anyone can confirm if I can convert the wheels to tubeless as they are or do I need to add any extra tape? Also, what volume of sealant should I add for the 2.5 tyres?

My friend's TRS wheels were taped properly so I guess yours are too. Check if it's 'sticky' tape then it's sure.
In a new 2,5 tire, I would put 100-120ml each.

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
Am more than happy with my bike and would like to register it in the commençal site. Does anyone know where is the frame serial number? Can't seem to find the bloody thing

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
This happened to me yesterday. Took battery off and on. Error would not go away. Luckily I had just purchased a tow strap and my Ebuddy towed me back to the trailhead. Been researching and it seems like it might be the battery connections. Out of town biking trip, lucky it was on the last day and we had a backup E to use.

57503955_2669241616423733_7586289967165341696_n.jpg

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
That’s the code mine started with , then I got wo13 when I re started it . I was Constantly cleaning all connections especially the ones on top of the motor , which seemed to work each time , eventually the codes came to stay and I got a new motor from commencal under warranty . Eo10 seems to happen if I confuse the crank sensor , sitting waiting for a while with a foot on the pedal as if to pedal off can make that appear but it doesn’t stay or cut out .

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
That’s the code mine started with , then I got wo13 when I re started it . I was Constantly cleaning all connections especially the ones on top of the motor , which seemed to work each time , eventually the codes came to stay and I got a new motor from commencal under warranty . Eo10 seems to happen if I confuse the crank sensor , sitting waiting for a while with a foot on the pedal as if to pedal off can make that appear but it doesn’t stay or cut out .

Thanks!

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Kernow did Commencal replace your motor or Shimano. Mine is being sent to Shimano to be looked at. Hopefully will be a warranty replacement.
The motor was returned to commencal , who then sent it to shimano France . They gave me the option to use a uk shimano dealer but I preferred to remove the motor and do the work myself .
Be sure to remove the plastic covers from your motor if you send it off as the new motor comes without them

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
The motor was returned to commencal , who then sent it to shimano France . They gave me the option to use a uk shimano dealer but I preferred to remove the motor and do the work myself .
Be sure to remove the plastic covers from your motor if you send it off as the new motor comes without them
Thank you!

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
I'm kind of itching to replace the DPX2 with a Fox DHX2, but it's a big investment, especially going for an SLS Ti coil (a must for aesthetic reasons :p).

Has anyone done the same? I don't know if I have the DPX2 well dialed but I feel it becomes too harsh when there are lots of small bumps. I've been playing with the rebound and LSC, but can't seem to improve the feeling past a certain point and would love to try a coil.

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
My E-thirteen rear hub, bit the dust after 4300 miles. Has anyone replaced there rear hub. Any recommendations for a replacement. Thank you.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I'm kind of itching to replace the DPX2 with a Fox DHX2, but it's a big investment, especially going for an SLS Ti coil (a must for aesthetic reasons :p).

Has anyone done the same? I don't know if I have the DPX2 well dialed but I feel it becomes too harsh when there are lots of small bumps. I've been playing with the rebound and LSC, but can't seem to improve the feeling past a certain point and would love to try a coil.
Bit late to the party on the comment, but im currently looking at doing the same, im quite a heavy rider and feel the DHX2 will carry me better. Did you decide to go ahead with it?

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
My E-thirteen rear hub, bit the dust after 4300 miles. Has anyone replaced there rear hub. Any recommendations for a replacement. Thank you.
What did you replace it with? I'm expecting to have to replace mine someday, too.

My Race Fox's front hub started feeling a bit rough at 1200 miles so I had it cleaned and repacked. I did the rear too - it was really dirty in there!

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
Bit late to the party on the comment, but im currently looking at doing the same, im quite a heavy rider and feel the DHX2 will carry me better. Did you decide to go ahead with it?
Actually no. I started fretting about which spring to buy and in the end opted to buy a second hand Quark Shockwiz to fine tune the DPX2. The shockwiz works great, but I also found that my DPX2 was in need of servicing. After being serviced by fox and fine tuned with the shockwiz, the DPX2 now works like a charm.

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
What did you replace it with? I'm expecting to have to replace mine someday, too.

My Race Fox's front hub started feeling a bit rough at 1200 miles so I had it cleaned and repacked. I did the rear too - it was really dirty in there!
My e-thirteen rear hub has strangely become very silent. It still engages well, but the silence makes me wonder if the pawls are getting stuck because of dirt inside. I must find time to open it up and clean it ?

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
My e-thirteen rear hub has strangely become very silent. It still engages well, but the silence makes me wonder if the pawls are getting stuck because of dirt inside. I must find time to open it up and clean it ?
It's by far the loudest freewheel I've ever owned (15+ MTBs and eMTBs over the years). Maybe dirt has "insulated" the sound? If the pawls were stuck, they wouldn't engage, right?

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
Actually no. I started fretting about which spring to buy and in the end opted to buy a second hand Quark Shockwiz to fine tune the DPX2. The shockwiz works great, but I also found that my DPX2 was in need of servicing. After being serviced by fox and fine tuned with the shockwiz, the DPX2 now works like a charm.
The ShockWiz alerted you that your DPX2 needed service?

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
No. The shock started making loud squishy noises when compressed. I sent it to a Fox service center and they confirmed that it just needed the yearly service.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
What does the shockwiz actually do tho??

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
It connects to your shock or suspension through the air valve and measures all the pressure variations during a ride. You then get a summary of how your ride went in terms of suspension events and it gives you sugestions for tuning your shock or fork:
Screenshot_20191229-122918.jpg

Screenshot_20191229-122913.jpg

Screenshot_20191229-122907.jpg

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx

The lbs was going to rebuild it for $150-200 found a new E-thirteen take off wheel set for $200. Going to learn to rebuild it myself and make it my backup wheel set.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles