Is Canyon changing to Bosch

yarg

Feb 23, 2023
French Alps
For the guy(s) who saw the new models at Lake Garda, are you sure there was a new Bosch Neuron?
Seems like the new models are live on the site now but it's only the Grand Canyon and the Strive that have a Bosch motor. I was really excited to hear about a Neuron with a Bosch motor, but so far it doesn't seem like that's coming with today's release?

yarg

Feb 23, 2023
French Alps
Just done some more digging on the site and it seems like the Neuron is only coming in June...

1683621218074.png

yarg

Feb 23, 2023
French Alps
They have a lot of stock of Neuron:ON 9 EP8 and at the moment they don't want to lower the price.

I really prefer Bosch, but couldn't afford a Bosch-driven Neuron equivalent....so I ordered a Neuron which was delivered last Friday....just in time for me to see the rumours about a Bosch Neuron coming! Typical....
I'd like to be able to compare the specs and prices to see if I send the EP8 one back and buy the new Bosch one, but unfortunately the June 9 release date will be after the 30-day return period for my EP8 bike...so I'm getting in touch with their Support team to see if they can give me a few extra days' leeway. If there isn't a huge price hike and they are the 750Wh batteries, then I will definitely swap....

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
I really prefer Bosch, but couldn't afford a Bosch-driven Neuron equivalent....so I ordered a Neuron which was delivered last Friday....just in time for me to see the rumours about a Bosch Neuron coming! Typical....
I'd like to be able to compare the specs and prices to see if I send the EP8 one back and buy the new Bosch one, but unfortunately the June 9 release date will be after the 30-day return period for my EP8 bike...so I'm getting in touch with their Support team to see if they can give me a few extra days' leeway. If there isn't a huge price hike and they are the 750Wh batteries, then I will definitely swap....
I have a Neuron ON with 21,500 km and 0 problems but it has the DU-E8000. The EP8 motor is less robust, if you want to do a lot of kilometers I would change it for the new Neuron ON Bosch.

yarg

Feb 23, 2023
French Alps
I have a Neuron ON with 21,500 km and 0 problems but it has the DU-E8000. The EP8 motor is less robust, if you want to do a lot of kilometers I would change it for the new Neuron ON Bosch.

Yeah I do plan to put many KMs on it, it will be a commuting bike as well as touring/light trails here in the French Alps. The Spectral was just a bit too aggressive for what I'll be doing...hence the Neuron seemed the better choice. If it becomes available now with the 750Wh battery and Bosch motor, could be perfect for me. The main question remaining is the price: I'd be very surprised if it's not more expensive than the EP8 one, but how much more....? If it's in the 5-6000 euro range, then that's out of my budget again. Wait and see on June 9th I guess....

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Yeah I do plan to put many KMs on it, it will be a commuting bike as well as touring/light trails here in the French Alps. The Spectral was just a bit too aggressive for what I'll be doing...hence the Neuron seemed the better choice. If it becomes available now with the 750Wh battery and Bosch motor, could be perfect for me. The main question remaining is the price: I'd be very surprised if it's not more expensive than the EP8 one, but how much more....? If it's in the 5-6000 euro range, then that's out of my budget again. Wait and see on June 9th I guess....
The range will be between €4,000 and €5,500 if they are made of aluminum and a little more if they are made of carbon.
I always buy the base model, it is usually cheaper to maintain and if I don't like something, it improves over time.

yarg

Feb 23, 2023
French Alps
If the Bosch Neuron entry-level model is in the 4500 euro range then that will be a winner for me; got the EP8 version for 3600 but am willing to pay a bit more for Bosch and 750Wh battery. If it's over 5k then that will take it out of my price range unfortunately....guess we'll see in 4 weeks!

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Wouldn't the neuron:eek:n be the most likely bike to have a newer lighter lower power bosch motor and thus most likely not the 750wh battery but a smaller/lighter one?

yarg

Feb 23, 2023
French Alps
Wouldn't the neuron:eek:n be the most likely bike to have a newer lighter lower power bosch motor and thus most likely not the 750wh battery but a smaller/lighter one?

No idea to be honest....on the product page it says "Even the biggest epics are within your reach with the full suspension, 140 mm Neuron:ON CF."
"Biggest epics" makes me think bigger battery than the 630Wh currently with the EP8?

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
No idea to be honest....on the product page it says "Even the biggest epics are within your reach with the full suspension, 140 mm Neuron:ON CF."
"Biggest epics" makes me think bigger battery than the 630Wh currently with the EP8?
If there is a Grand Canyon:ON 7 with 750Wh it is because there will be a Neuron ON with 750Wh

SebasBici

Nov 3, 2022
Riva del Garda
If this year I see that canyon went to Bosch's side.
I have been living in Lake Garda for a year and I have also seen several canyon bikes with bosch motors.
For now I have only one bike, a Grand Canyon On 7 2021, which has a Shimano motor (what I was able to buy since we got here with just enough) the truth is that I am very satisfied with this bike.

Now on the Canyon Italia website they sell the Grand Canyon 7 with a bosch motor and a 625wh battery.

The only thing left for me is to meet someone who wants to go cycling since I don't know many people yet. :p

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
If there is a Grand Canyon:ON 7 with 750Wh it is because there will be a Neuron ON with 750Wh
There is a grand canyon with a 750. The torque would be the bike that would most interest me but at this stage it would seem it's only available with an ep801. I would love to know why they made that decision

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles