Invisiframe - Should you buy? Answer - Yes

Topper85

May 23, 2021
Bristol
I initially thought that the invisiframe products were too expensive to consider. So I went and ordered a Full Pack Regular from Bike Shield.
In the pack I received a few generic sheets, but had no idea how I would assemble on the bike. It certainly isn't enough product to cover the whole bike and would require intricate cutting etc.

A friend convinced me to buy Invisiframe, and it's just arrived. Full instructions + Cut outs to cover the whole frame. I'm so happy I reconsidered!

I know there are several hours work awaiting me, but now I have the tools to execute!

IMG_20210528_103747.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My Invisframe has taken more beatings than a ginger step-child. I dread to think what the bike would look like if it wasn't fitted.

That being said, there's a few places where it's started to peel. If I could be arsed I'd get replacements.

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
I was trying decide the same thing before my new bike arrives and I thought I’d settled on saving £60 and getting the Bike Shield kit to protect the most at risk bits.

But now you’re giving me seconds thoughts!

I want to keep the bike in decent condition to help with resale in a few years, but Invisiframe looks like so much effort and it certainly isn’t cheap.

Decisions, decisions.

Topper85

May 23, 2021
Bristol
I was trying decide the same thing before my new bike arrives and I thought I’d settled on saving £60 and getting the Bike Shield kit to protect the most at risk bits.

But now you’re giving me seconds thoughts!

I want to keep the bike in decent condition to help with resale in a few years, but Invisiframe looks like so much effort and it certainly isn’t cheap.

Decisions, decisions.
I'm also waiting for my new bike to arrive and thought exactly the same thing. But when Bike Shield turned up, i didnt have a clue where the panels would go on the frame. There would definitely be cutting and adjusting, and even then I think I'd need to buy at least another pack to cover the whole frame. Will definitely be sending back!

Yes, it's going to take a long time, but doubt Bike Shield will be any quicker. With cutting, I can only assume it will take longer.

I believe there are bike shops that will fit your Invisiframe for you, but don't know the cost. I doubt it's cheap though!

Good luck, whatever you decide.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Fitted it to 2 bikes and will be fitting to the 3rd.Ask nicely and you'll get 10% discount. Pick an evening when you are in no rush, get a nice strong hazy DDH IPA and get to know your bike

Topper85

May 23, 2021
Bristol
Thanks. Sounds like the best option. I guess relative to the cost of the bike it’s nice much.

What bike you waiting for?
Trek Rail 9. Ordered in December and was expecting in April. Been delayed a few times but have been told that it is finally in the UK and due next week ??

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
Trek Rail 9. Ordered in December and was expecting in April. Been delayed a few times but have been told that it is finally in the UK and due next week

Wow, that’s a long wait but hopefully worth it - meant to be a great bike. I asked the guys in the Trek shop about getting one and they laughed and said it wouldn’t be until next year

That was too long for me so went for the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM which should arrive in a few weeks

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Plus 1 from me.

Invisiframe is very good. I have it on my Giant Giant Trance X (£85) and recently bought Cannondale Scalpel SE 2. (£75).

I am not very patient but fitting my first one I followed the advice and instructions.

TAKE YOUR TIME.

The result is very satisfying as the fit is amazing.

image-2021-05-29-17:31:34-324.jpg

Last edited:

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Agreed.Good example of something costing a bit more, being worth it, especially if you like your ride to look good. Got it on all 3 bikes and they clean up like new (well almost)

Marksou

Dec 24, 2021
Llanbedrog
Thanks to invisiframe, my black Turbo Levo looks like, to quote the guy from my LBS “If Batman ordered it”. Very happy with the protection. After cleaning, a quick going over with silicon spray and it looks like new.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
100 % YES

I have fitted one to every big I have owed before it was ridden
The more you do the quicker / easier it gets just take your time it’s well worth it !! Best of luck

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Go for the invisiframe its a good kit i did find the sections could be marked a little better but goes on well especially when you fit on a brand new bike took me 6 hours though so its not a quick job👍👍

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Just received and 2/3 put on my sticker (invisiframe) kit from Bikestickers eu. Must say it has turned out very nicely so far, have taken my time though and some of the pieces have taken 20 - 30 mins to get right with no bubbles and all stuck down. Gave it away after about 3 1/2 hours last night and checked it again this morning and was very pleased with my efforts. Will finish it off tonight with the view of taking it on its maiden voyage the afternoon after. Hanging out to ride it.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
I ended up getting my done at shackwrap. Seem to have a done a really good job and the coverage is decent.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
What’s the general consensus about Invisiframe vs Ridewrap?
Watched a Ridewrap video on YouTube and it looks pretty identical.
I have Ridewrap on my Kenevo SL and it has already saved some pretty deep scratched that could have messed up the carbon frame. I am sure the two companies are just competitors in a limited market. I had mine done at a LBS store as I know how frustrating it can be to get pieces lined up and all the bubbles out.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
We have Invisiframe on our Rails. They've both been dropped and crashed but the Invisiframe has taken the beating not the paint. Local Invisiframe centre did ours. Recommended.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Never invisiframed a bike just put heli tape on the vulnerable parts. I have one bike that was invisiframed by a previous owner.........cleaning it is like trying to polish a plastic milk bottle! All that money just to have a bike which is wrapped in plastic...no thanks!!

I prefer a proper painted finish. Both bikes without invisiframe have been easy to clean and suffered no damage.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Its the paint chips from stone strikes that I'm trying to avoid. Managed to find a very close matching nail polish to the Merida green but not so sure of the latte/espresso martini colour of the new Focus. Hence the plastic coating.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
stone chips only typically occur on the face of the downtube and on chainstays (assuming you have a decent mudguard at the back to protect the seat tube and chainstay cross member. No need to cover the entire bike in plastic to deal with that

R3Z3N

Mar 2, 2022
California
I have used Invisiframe on my matte Santa Cruz Hightower V2 and Ridewrap on my gloss Specialized Kenevo SL and Santa Cruz Nomad V4. Ridewrap layout/directions were easier. It also applied quicker without lifting, but my guess would be due to the gloss paint. Both have protected from scratches and both have left scratches to the carbon. Any hit where you lay the bike down, I would expect it to help but still tear enough to let the ground/rocks through. Where I ride is ALL rock, very little dirt. Fist size rocks can sometimes come off the front tire and tag your legs.....

Depending on your bike shops, Ridewrap can also be cut on location by dealers, which can be a huge convenience. I just end up buying 2 wraps to keep the bike looking nice when I eventually eat stone.

Last edited:

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
It seems that you don't see much information regarding RideWrap vs Invisiframe. It's like it's it a ford vs chey thing or is one Clearly better than the other. Are there advantages to one over the other?

dthree

Aug 8, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
I heard good reviews of both Invisiframe and RideWrap. I chose the latter simply because I’m in the US and it could arrive faster. If I was in the UK, I’d probably go the other way just for convience.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles