Invisiframe / frame protection

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Has anyone had this done? If so how easy is it? Would you recommend it? £72 for a bike kit as far as I can see.

E

EddieJ

I've always used a mix of helitape, AMS frame guard and slapper tape on my bikes.

The AMS kits are often to be found on special offer. A brilliant kit, that pretty much does all that is required.

86584_3_Supersize.jpg

I really love Slapper tape for the chainstay area, and wouldn't use anything else. One roll, will last a life time.

a2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I did it on my 2015 Enduro Expert 29er and also on my 2017 S Works Enduro 275.

Previous to that, I had tried all kinds of different helitape which did the job but because I am such a fussy so and so it took forever to do due to me trying to cut the right shapes/curves which it NOT easy..... it took a number of days to do my Nomad 275 and comparing it to the Invisiframe kits on the 2 Specialized bikes it was a bit crap.....

The kit is expensive but it is laser cut and covers virtually the entire frame. It is easier to do if you just have the frame but it only adds a bit more time if the bike has already been built.

You have to READ the instructions and take your time when you fit the kit. The results are very very good and in my opinion worth every penny. I would not hesitate to do it again and will be doing it on the Levo that I have just purchased

You can also buy an Invisiframe kit for your forks which I have also done on my Lyriks and Fox 36s ?

This is my S Works Enduro, you can’t even see the tape on the bike. If you go on the Invisiframe website site and look for your bike the photos are more close up and give you a really good idea of the quality.

C3B16FE3-711C-423C-8B77-392A6686D806.jpeg
2ED035F3-0F2B-4E74-B789-88032FD1FBD5.jpeg
3EF4D646-AC7F-4632-9A2B-D757F001B053.jpeg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Amazing thank you. That bike looks pretty special.

I’ve just ordered the frame and fork kit for my Levo.

Cheers
Rob.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Amazing thank you. That bike looks pretty special.

I’ve just ordered the frame and fork kit for my Levo.

Cheers
Rob.

No worries, There is an instruction video available for this as well, it is definitely worth a watch before starting.

It is important to put aside a number of hours to do this task. I can assure you, you won’t regret it as the results are very very good.

LukeTurner

Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Rutland
Invisiframe kits are great but a lot of patience is required! I don't think you'll get a more precise fitting kit anywhere else and they do offer amazing protection!

Read all the instructions, go slowly and you'll be fine :)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
My frame and fork kit arrived today. Waiting for a good few hours of ‘spare’ time to install it.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hey Rob,

Watched the video,

The guys at invisi really welcome feedback especially if you feel they may have missed a strip or two.

I made a bit of a hash fitting a section when I did my frame and asked if they could send me a replacement piece which I said I would pay for and they ended up sending it to me free of charge.

Also, you can buy a ‘Blank sheet’ from them, 600mm x 200mm which you can cut to suit. I got one for ‘repairs’. There are 2 other sizes available.

Hope this helps as they may send you a freebie ?

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
I applied invisi frame on my friend's Bronson v1 yesterday. He had it painted and knew that I applied it to my Yeti SB5c. I looked at it today and notice that it came out with a few air bubbles, since I was doing it at night in my garage with poor lighting and the last pieces didn't get much squeegee action.

Only see the bubbles looking up close. Also, his kit didn't have many of the pieces labeled. I did the unlabeled ones last (head tube), and they're the ones with the most bubbles.

He got the matte one for his matte black frame. I did glossy on my frame, for my glossy flo yellow/green. His looks relatively invis. Mine's a bit thicker and more noticable. His was a lot simpler to apply. It went around curves and the edges stuck a lot better. I rate my SB5c job a D+, and his Bronson a B-. I improved by using a flashlight (which died by the end), using a brand new microfiber cloth (noticed that my old one was leaving lint, since I put it through the washer machine), and using filtered water. My SB5c has lint under it and some edges peeled back up letting dust stick to it.

PSR1947

Mar 14, 2020
Epping Essex UK
I used Essential Wraps of Glos. to protect my new Levo. They charged me £120 to wrap the frame and forks and did a splendid job. As they are based very close to the Forest of Dean and they did the job in one day, it made perfect sense after collecting it to go into the forest to try it out.

mazukea

Feb 1, 2020
Hawaii
I just did the invisiframe to my new Levo Expert. Wow! what an awesome fit! It did take me 3 hours and a lot of patience to install it, but it was well worth it. I highly reccomend it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles