In-Vehicle bike rack on seat mounting points

kaj0103

Oct 23, 2020
Maidstone
Hi all
Does anyone know any manufacturers or where to buy something similar to a Thule roof rack for the bike but actually clips into the mounting points for removable seats of say for example, a Ford Tourneo Custom.... take a look at the pic.
Cheers.
47EB4199-6E1C-4EE9-A893-EDE7A2DDBF26.jpeg

Voluptua

Oct 4, 2020
United Kingdom
I've made up a system using a Delta fork mount on a plank of wood secured to the luggage lashing eyes. So a Trek Rail can go upright (front wheel off) in an SUV with only one rear seat lost.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
I've made up a system using a Delta fork mount on a plank of wood secured to the luggage lashing eyes. So a Trek Rail can go upright (front wheel off) in an SUV with only one rear seat lost.

Same. You can buy mounts cheap on ebay.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Same. You can buy mounts cheap on ebay.

...but you will find it very difficult to find a 15x110 fork mount for sale in the UK for some reason. If you want to make something yourself Pendle Bike Racks sell fork mounts of all sizes in their spares section. They are alloy so you then need a means of fixing one to a cross bar of some type. I used 2 brackets widely sold on ebay to attach spotlights to bull bars............then bolted those brackets to a wood cross member. Depending on the type of seat floor fixings you have in your vehicle you can use a couple of short straps to secure the wood cross member to the seat floor fixing. Transporting the bike using a fork mount with the front wheel removed is by far the most secure method and also takes up the least room.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles