E bike on a roof rack

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
iv'e just bought a e scorpion buzzrack for my focus jam and tested it on my dads towbar(waiting for one fitting to my car) and it seems a really good buy for the money. Anyway i followed a car down the m62 today with a giant stance on the roof. it was blowing all over the place and looked so unsecure . just wondered if anyone else carries their e bike on the roof and ever had any problems.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Never carried any bike heavier than a XC or trail bike on my roof racks and for big DH bikes and ebikes I use a trailer hitch carrier. Have seen too many roof-racks fail with 2-3 big bikes on them for me to take a chance.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I would be too worried about dropping it on the roof while strapping to roof rack. I always used Thule racks until I got an ebike and went for the tow bar hitch instead. Not cheap but way more secure and not likely to knacker your back or car after a long day out.

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
The Buzzrack E scorpion iv'e gone for is specially designed for 1 E bike on the tow bar and although iv'e not driven with it yet a stationary test it seems rock solid. I really like it folds down quick and looks neat i picked it up for £180 think it was in a bit of a sale but not overly sure

buzzrack-e-scorpion-bike-carrier-01Z.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles