Kenevo Gen1 I un-mulletted my kenevo. You won't believe what happened next..

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Well it was really good 😁.
I've ran it as a mullet for 2.5 years initially on the boxxer 29 @180mm.
I tried mullet just because, also perhaps to help with confidence in the steeps and smoother in the fast rough.
I was never fully happy with the boxxer despite the 2.1 damper. Additionally I had it serviced with low friction seals, MRP ramp control and revgrips to try to help.
I suspected the 56mm offset was the source of my concerns. However I bought a bike with a fox 49 with a supposedly unridable 58mm offset and that felt brilliant.

Fortunately Merlin had an amazing 45% off a set of fox 40 @200mm grip2 vvc at Christmas with 52mm offset. Immediately the bike felt more too my liking despite the additional a2c measurement.

This week I ran the 29 and the 27.5 wheels back to back. First time the 27.5 had been fitted for ages and really, there wasn't any discernable difference. It felt great on everything and was a bit more direct with the smaller wheel on tight slow steep stuff.
I think I'll leave it like this for the time being. Perhaps specialized got it right when they designed it 🤣

So if you have a gen2 kenevo with 27.5 wheels, you already have a great bike. But it's a brilliant bike with a set of fox 40's.

Btw @Moderator why isn't there a prefix for kenevo gen2?

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
There should be and SL Gen2. There's a little bug at the moment which stops us adding them. It was being looked at, I'll chase it up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles