I just spent more than 4 times more than ever before on a bike!!!

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
Hi everyone,

Great forum and instrumental in spending my cash.

My acoustic broke so whilst it was out of action I decided to hire a Trek Rail 9 at Cannock Chase. That was my first mistake!

I loved it, that's what it should be like. So I set about looking for an eMTB but I was a bit shocked at some of the prices, and the fact that you can't actually buy one anyway, no one stocks them it seems.

After spending hours and hours "researching" I settled on the Cube Stereo HPC 140 Race. It seems a very good balance of good spec for what I do and not being crazy expensive, for what you get it seems reasonably priced.

I also managed to find one that I pulled the trigger on today. The shop tell me it will be here in October but can't say when. I feel like I'm 5 years old waiting for Christmas again. I can't wait.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be adding some content once I have it and start using it.

Cheers.

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi everyone,

My acoustic broke so whilst it was out of action I decided to hire a Trek Rail 9 at Cannock Chase. That was my first mistake!

I loved it, that's what it should be like. So I set about looking for an eMTB but I was a bit shocked at some of the prices, and the fact that you can't actually buy one anyway, no one stocks them it seems.

After spending hours and hours "researching" I settled on the Cube Stereo HPC 140 Race. It seems a very good balance of good spec for what I do and not being crazy expensive, for what you get it seems reasonably priced.

I also managed to find one that I pulled the trigger on today. The shop tell me it will be here in October but can't say when. I feel like I'm 5 years old waiting for Christmas again. I can't wait.

Cheers.
Welcome. I was in the same boat as you. But i decided to wait for my emtb which arrives in may 2021, but it will be worth the wait & hopefully some nice riding weather by then

trek.jpg

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
Ok, so I'm having a bit of a dilemma.

I have ordered a Cube Stereo 140 Race, because I couldn't find the bike I really wanted in the right size, and was sold on the fact that it's a pretty decent bike. Now the Turbo Levo I originally wanted is available.

So do I stick with the Cube or go with the Turbo Levo? Imagine they are exactly the same price, what to do....

The Cube dealer is 2 hours from me and the Spesh dealer is 20mins away.

All of the comparison videos out there look at the top spec stuff, nothing about the base models.

Any insights? I don't want to have the bike for a year then be saying I wish I'd got the other one.

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
Steve, that's kind of my thinking. I'm positive both of these bikes are great but if I do have a problem it's nice to know they're local and I don;t have to take a day off work and spend hours in the car.

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
Decisive action taken. Gone with the Spesh. A bit gutted about the Cube but would you prefer a bit of cake from the left or right of the pie? It's not the end of the world either way, but I have got local dealer support.

Happy days.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Bosch gen 4 motor all the way, get the cube lol. I think only you can make this decision . I've had my base model 140 race since last Christmas and its just turned 1850 miles. Faultless, I'm not to fussy about getting it wet either.
Loads of bikes all slightly different and vastly priced between marks. What ever you choose hopefully its a good en but one thing is fact you will love it.

The only regret i have is not getting one sooner although i think the latest teck is probably better than the old stuff.

Hey taxi !

Aug 27, 2022
Geneva
Hi everyone,

Cheers.
Thank you for this. I thought that I was clever enough to understand the basics. Now I have to admit that I do not master much. How can that be that a bike cost more than a car ? What are the leverages that permit this ? Ok, christmas is great for everybody, but what are we fuelling ? the kids dreams and the nostalgy ? Or are we complicit in the degeneration we can witness everyday ?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Thank you for this. I thought that I was clever enough to understand the basics. Now I have to admit that I do not master much. How can that be that a bike cost more than a car ? What are the leverages that permit this ? Ok, christmas is great for everybody, but what are we fuelling ? the kids dreams and the nostalgy ? Or are we complicit in the degeneration we can witness everyday ?

You can EASILY find a watch or a handbag that costs as much as a supercar. It should be of little surprise that a bike can cost as much as a Suzuki or a Kia.

Gordon

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Don't look past the fact that they still sell Mountain bikes at Walmart for $679. With this said, yes the prices of EVERYTHING have gotten outrageous. My $3 tacos now cost me $5.50, so there you go.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Its the same color and you get a basket too!
I had not thought that the basket was free with the bike. I assumed it was part of the hypermarket display material. I mean ...$99! Either they are really old stock that they just can't shift or they have been made by locally based slave labour. How do they even make a profit?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I had not thought that the basket was free with the bike. I assumed it was part of the hypermarket display material. I mean ...$99! Either they are really old stock that they just can't shift…
My brake pads cost more!! Unless my exchange rate is wrong and I’m paying too much for pads. 😳
Cool basket though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles