Hey taxi ! my pseudo after more than 40 years driving taxis in Geneva.

Hey taxi !

Aug 27, 2022
Geneva
Hi there !
Came here to benefit from your knowledge in order to acquire my last bike. I am 65 and moving to the mountains. My chalet is about 5 km from the main village 500 m below. I will have to go there regularily to buy food and come back up the mountain.
That will be on concret roads, sometimes covered by snow (alt. 1600)
But I would enjoy wild rides in the forests and dirt roads.
So, considering the above, I am in search of an engine that is comfortable, silent, powerfull, light and ready to carry extra stuff.
Fazua, belt drive and alternative suspension are my focuses. Did not find anything yet. Only Nicolai seems to provide something that resemble my dream but at a very high price and weight.
Thank you all for your ideas.
Love
Pierre

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Geneva seems like a nice place. I’m not sure I would travel to New York but you have a bike park and a Trek dealer, which is a good start. There is a section in here for bike builds.

Hey taxi !

Aug 27, 2022
Geneva
Thank you Stihldog. I thought so. I will have to build the bike from scratch with specific components. That means that I will first have to inquire about these components which is a huge task. I thought that the technology was ready and the wide choice of emtb would provide what i am looking for. I guess I will have to wait for the next Frankfurt fair to find a silent light motor that includes the gear box and the carbon belt transmission. Maybe not as a EMTB, but a trekking version as I will mainly ride on asphalt roads. Thanks anyway. I love the way US propose new tech, but I think that in the bike segment, the Germans seems to compete.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Hi there !
Came here to benefit from your knowledge in order to acquire my last bike. I am 65 and moving to the mountains. My chalet is about 5 km from the main village 500 m below. I will have to go there regularily to buy food and come back up the mountain.
That will be on concret roads, sometimes covered by snow (alt. 1600)
But I would enjoy wild rides in the forests and dirt roads.
So, considering the above, I am in search of an engine that is comfortable, silent, powerfull, light and ready to carry extra stuff.
Fazua, belt drive and alternative suspension are my focuses. Did not find anything yet. Only Nicolai seems to provide something that resemble my dream but at a very high price and weight.
Thank you all for your ideas.
Love
Pierre
You are after a unicorn! I have a couple of Specialized Levos and am happy with the noise volume. 2022 Comp Carbon with a 500w battery comes in at 21 kgs and given you will be loaded do you really need light weight? Or what is the downside of full fat for 90% of your riding? Might be worthwhile renting both and doing a few trips? Make sure you have clearance for a 2.8 tyre to monster truck through the snow, but take it off for summer. Fellow Swiss rider.

Hey taxi !

Aug 27, 2022
Geneva
I agree Swissrob. But for me the noise of the engine is unbearable. Love the TQ though. With a belt drive would be just perfect.

Hey taxi !

Aug 27, 2022
Geneva
did you notice that your pseudo, as uncomprehensible as it is, can be seen as an anagram. Shitdog or dog shit. Sorry for that but I am curious.
Why ?

• Haha
Reactions: Zed

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Yah, my handle makes no sense. I’ve dragged that name around with me since I had to come up with a name when I started playing video games in the late 80’s. Since I was a west coast faller (used a Stihl 066 and 084 chain saw) it was the only thing I could think of at the time. “Stihl” is the motor, “Dog” is the dawgs on the motor. I was sooo cleaver back then 🙄. I thought of other names since, but I’m too lazy or I just don’t care. My avatar however is a picture I took on a hike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles