I just can't do it anymore, it's going to have to go

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Not the ebike, thats been a godsend.
Its my other manual mtb, I needed to use it the other day and it was like cycling through soft sand. The entire journey was an unenjoyable slog.
I know I should be fitter, but its more a health issue for me and thats unlikely to change, so I think it best to split and sell and be done with it and if I want something I can leave somewhere dodgy,like in the city for a period of time beyond a few hours, then I'll just get a cheap ebike for that.

But the manual is just no longer something that appeals to me. It's strange because at one time it fitted so well and i was really comfortable using it at speed, chucking it about and the like , but now it's like riding an entirely different bike 🤨
At least the Hope gold kit is something thats sought after,and the 150mm revelation has a 260mm uncut steerer, so I should make enough to put towards a 2nd electrical should that prove to be an option, though I doubt the frame's worth much beyond 40 quid
Pic of old bike, in shop/commute mode -
*This isnt a stealth ad. It would only be listed on ebay.
DSCF4023.JPG

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
But the manual is just no longer something that appeals to me.

Late to the game but; My previous collection of bikes were a roady and two gravel(his/hers). Racked up the kms, especially on the gravel bikes.
So we purchased a home further up the mountain. This hill became our backyard. After a lengthy stay in the hospital I began riding the gravel bike again. The slog up and down started to suck.Groomed trail riding in our area was difficult and sometimes the front wheel would sink into the trail and cause an OTB. Time to re-think this.
The LBS had a Rail 9.7 on the floor…so I bought it. After two rides I put the other bikes up for sale. They sold fast. Then I got a couple of PowerFly 5’s (his/hers) for the local trails and flats. I’d like to get a f/s analog (Santa Cruz) for those Whistler trips but I’m just having too much fun on the Rail.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Its my other manual mtb, I needed to use it the other day and it was like cycling through soft sand. The entire journey was an unenjoyable slog.
I know I should be fitter, but its more a health issue for me and thats unlikely to change, so I think it best to split and sell and be done with it and if I want something I can leave somewhere dodgy,like in the city for a period of time beyond a few hours, then I'll just get a cheap ebike for that.

But the manual is just no longer something that appeals to me. It's strange because at one time it fitted so well and i was really comfortable using it at speed, chucking it about and the like , but now it's like riding an entirely different bike 🤨
At least the Hope gold kit is something thats sought after,and the 150mm revelation has a 260mm uncut steerer, so I should make enough to put towards a 2nd electrical should that prove to be an option, though I doubt the frame's worth much beyond 40 quid
Pic of old bike, in shop/commute mode -
*This isnt a stealth ad. It would only be listed on ebay.
View attachment 78119
and its a hardtail with mostly slick tyres :D :D incredible how bad going back can be.
I rode mine not long ago and it was horrible, not to mention the pain it caused my knees which hurt even riding the ebike so yea, sell it and buy some bling for the eeb :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles