How to fix a bent rim??

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
So, I've been working on my bike set up and as I'm a rather average rider, watching lots of videos and practising basic technique. So far so good. Went out today and rode probably the best I have since getting my Merida e160/900. Set-up felt fan-bloody-tastic. I love the way the bike feels now. Went hard. Felt great. This is the result........

bent rim.jpg

So, what's the best technique to fix this. Rim is till sealed to my tubeless DHRII and I didn't lose any pressure, but I'm worried any more hits will cut the tyre wall open if I don't do something. Really want to keep going tubeless. Any tools or techniques that will produce a good result (not perfect, I realise). Never bent a rim before. And yes, I'll be adding a few more psi to the rear tyre. :)

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
With a cheap bike you would just take pliers and bend it back the best you can however on an expensive performance bike like your levo I would get a new rim

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Sorry to hear that Gordon, below is a quick video on how to straighten it with a ruler and shifting spanner. Will of course mean you'll have to take the tyre off etc (I can't remember if yours is tubeless yet).
The only issue is the long term reliability of the rim, should be ok but if you are unlucky to hit the same spot hard enough again it could be nasty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles