How to carry the Turbo Levo / Kenevo Battery - in an EVOC Trail E-Ride Backpack

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Thanks Tori, I now have a new item on my bucket list. Bush biking.

I also find a bag useful for carrying a second battery but use a 1/4 frame bag. The extra weight on the bike doesn't seem to affect handling so I am going with that method over carrying the extra in my pack saving more room for shnacks and such. One like I use would easily fit a Levo battery size wise but would not work on a Levo obviously. However there is a possibility of a similar sized pack that could attach to the top of the down tube to hold one?

Keep up the good reviews and ride on!

IMG_1373.JPG

Last edited:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Tori, outstanding video once again. I ordered this same pack, but I probably won’t get to use it until October with the crazy heat here.

I just got the EVOC hydration hip pack and for my first product from EVOC the quality is very impressive.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Thanks Tori, I now have a new item on my bucket list. Bush biking.

I also find a bag useful for carrying a second battery but use a 1/4 frame bag. The extra weight on the bike doesn't seem to affect handling so I am going with that method over carrying the extra in my pack saving more room for shnacks and such. One like I use would easily fit a Levo battery size wise but would not work on a Levo obviously. However there is a possibility of a similar sized pack that could attach to the top of the down tube to hold one?

Keep up the good reviews and ride on!

View attachment 3483
I looked into possibilities, but didn't find anything that would enable me to carry a battery on the bike, short of putting on a rear rack. The EVOC is very comfortable though, and I'm happy to use it for spare battery transport. I'm also considering a range-extender device that can be installed in place of the water bottle holder.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Tori, outstanding video once again. I ordered this same pack, but I probably won’t get to use it until October with the crazy heat here.

I just got the EVOC hydration hip pack and for my first product from EVOC the quality is very impressive.
Hey Al, glad you enjoyed it. I know the videos aren't particularly exciting and tend to run a bit long . . . but I like to make fairly complete records of my rides, so that when I'm old age I can look back at these and relive some of the adventures I'm having now.

Yep, the EVOC pack is top notch, they have had plenty of practice making great packs, and this is no exception. Let me know how it goes and if you want any pictures of the mods I would be happy to get them to you.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Great Video Tori informative as ever.
Just took the plunge today and bought a new 504 battery, so backpack advice is great ??.
Good stuff Shane :) Lots of long rides coming up for you soon hey :)

My latest mod is a Wolf Tooth 36T chainring. Feels great; but I'll have to see if the bike is low-geared enough for some steep stuff.

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham

My latest mod is a Wolf Tooth 36T chainring. Feels great; but I'll have to see if the bike is low-geared enough for some steep stuff.

Yeah can’t wait to hit some long high climb trails with no worries about battery life, more to explore ?.
I fancy the 36 tooth conversion too.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I looked into possibilities, but didn't find anything that would enable me to carry a battery on the bike, short of putting on a rear rack. The EVOC is very comfortable though, and I'm happy to use it for spare battery transport. I'm also considering a range-extender device that can be installed in place of the water bottle holder.

Glad you stopped at the rear rack idea.....it isn't even a good idea on a granny bike unless you like the tail wagging the dog.

I passed along to the bag maker who made mine the idea of the dt bag. Problem is that the h20 cage would probably have to go but it looks like you are prepared to make that sacrifice.

The EVOC does look like a quality piece of kit and your mods just make it better. My adventure sack just got stolen up in Vancouver, BC by some tweaker and I miss it already. An internet search for a replacement led me to a shop in Australia that has them on closeout as apparently the company has folded. Sent them a message about perhaps getting one shipped to me but crickets so far. Hoping for the best.

And don't mind your video length, just keep talking as you have a great sounding voice that could sell ice to an eskimo and is perfect for infomercial use! As well as some skills on the bike in some cool terrain and good ideas to share.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 7.38.32 AM.png

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Glad you stopped at the rear rack idea.....it isn't even a good idea on a granny bike unless you like the tail wagging the dog.

I passed along to the bag maker who made mine the idea of the dt bag. Problem is that the h20 cage would probably have to go but it looks like you are prepared to make that sacrifice.

The EVOC does look like a quality piece of kit and your mods just make it better. My adventure sack just got stolen up in Vancouver, BC by some tweaker and I miss it already. An internet search for a replacement led me to a shop in Australia that has them on closeout as apparently the company has folded. Sent them a message about perhaps getting one shipped to me but crickets so far. Hoping for the best.

And don't mind your video length, just keep talking as you have a great sounding voice that could sell ice to an eskimo and is perfect for infomercial use! As well as some skills on the bike in some cool terrain and good ideas to share.

View attachment 3516
It's possible the company can't be bothered with international shipping. Give me the details of the bag and the company and I'll make an enquiry for you - I'd be happy to ship the bag to you.

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia

G'day Tori. I have a 36 on the way, an E-Thirteen, they are nice and thick. Pity Wolf Tooth don't make their stainless ones in 34/36 tooth.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
G'day Tori. I have a 36 on the way, an E-Thirteen, they are nice and thick. Pity Wolf Tooth don't make their stainless ones in 34/36 tooth.
The Wolf Tooth alloy 36T is great so far, it won't be as durable as the steel Praxis but it shouldn't be too far off. I just couldn't find any steel 36T at all . . .

I kept the same chain length, 116 links was stock on my bike. I initially found shifting was a little bit off; I just needed to reduce the tension on the B screw on the mech, and shifting is so sweet now.

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
The Wolf Tooth alloy 36T is great so far, it won't be as durable as the steel Praxis but it shouldn't be too far off. I just couldn't find any steel 36T at all . . .

I kept the same chain length, 116 links was stock on my bike. I initially found shifting was a little bit off; I just needed to reduce the tension on the B screw on the mech, and shifting is so sweet now.
You could have got a red one in the e-thirteen. ?

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA

Hey Tori, I had this wolf tooth 36T put on the bike so I can pick up a little speed in the flat paved trails on my way to the exciting sections. I know you have the same one on your bike. Will take a couple weeks to get to anything really steep to see if I have lost climbing ability as badly as the shop implied might happen. In the meantime wondering how you feel yours has gone so far.? You are quite the trail blazer here I got this idea also from you. Thanks a lot. (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles