How to carry a spare Specialized battery???

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I picked up a used EVOC FR Trail Blackline pack thanks to the recommendations of Tori and James_MTB. Great pack, heavy but super sturdy, lots of storage.

The Levo 504Wh battery is a snug fit, but stays in place riding (and crashing :eek:).
Mrs levity made a padded case and added some velcro straps to keep it put.
A heavy load, but I don't think about it when riding. Plenty of room to store other stuff.

pack open.jpg

pack back.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Still amazes me that Specilized haven't bought out a back pack to deal with this, they usually are the masters of accessories and kit for their bikes.

jeeter333

Jun 18, 2019
usa
Hi Stur :) Have you gotten the XLC yet? And if you have, how is it for carrying an extra battery? Do let us know yeah..cheers mate.

I have the XLC 23L and it will fit the latest(2019-2020) LEVO battery with the bash guard removed BARELY as is. I removed the built in rain cover from its bottom pocket and also cut the bottom out of the neoprene pocket and now I clear the zipper with 10mm to spare. This fit also includes a 3L osprey hydration pack. I also added a strap thru the factory holes in the protection pad that goes around the hydration bag and the battery to hold it in place. Being a bigger guy i also extended my shoulder straps and replaced the chest strap so it rode lower on my chest. The Pack is a heavy tank when fully loaded.

I'd sure like to find something that was built specifically for the latest battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles