How far do you ride on your eBike

Ade

Founding Member
Apr 2, 2018
West Sussex
just what the title says, how far do you ride on a good day?

I normally ride around 10-15 miles with a cuppa about half way. I am trying to up that figure, but even with decent padded shorts it can be a little raw at times to say the least

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
So far.
Average 12 miles.
Longer day 22 miles.

These have been in bike parks with climbing.

Hopefully try more xc when the summer comes.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
As far as I can until the battery or my leg gives out. I try to do 20+ every ride.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Try to average about 20 miles, all depends on how long the misses can deal with the kids ?
If cycling local, 20 miles uses about 20% battery.

Ade

Founding Member
Apr 2, 2018
West Sussex
Based on what you all are doing, I need to pull my finger out and do a few more miles each time I go out :D

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
50k per day commute. 25K off road at the weekends every fortnight :)

I normally keep the battery on about 75% assist, on the road that means 50% of the battery is gone after 25k and 80% gone when off road with hills etc.

Ade

Founding Member
Apr 2, 2018
West Sussex
50k per day commute. 25K off road at the weekends every fortnight :)

I normally keep the battery on about 75% assist, on the road that means 50% of the battery is gone after 25k and 80% gone when off road with hills etc.

Bloody hell, im impressed :D
you must have a prosthetic arse :LOL:

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
:eek: Have you tried turning it on?

Come for a ride in the FoD with me, 20 miles will be 80-90%...
I don't like using the motor unless I have to, when HR gets around high 170s or I am going through a really rough / tricky bit. I am now down to 15% in ECO on the Levo, 50% for trail. I have geared the bike lower to allow me to peddle more on the hills without needing the motor.
Done FOD many times, probably get around the blue and red (can't remember there names) trails about 4-5 times.

Paladin

Feb 18, 2018
Bakersfield
Most of my local rides are 18 to 24 miles. Mostly on sport the whole time but once in awhile some tour and turbo. Can't say I use Eco at all. For longer rides in the nearby Sierra mountains, I always carry a spare battery in my pack.

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
32 miles on a monday, Wednesday and Friday... if my wife is working on the Tuesdays/Thursday I'll catch a lift.. if not I'll ride.
I try to clear 96 miles a week regardless.
Majority tarmac with occasional 7 miles off road on each ride.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Up to 40 miles on a 52v 10.5ah averaging 17 mph on my 48v 1000w 700c x 40c road bike but mostly average around 30 @ 20 mph and by then I am about ready to get off the bike anyway. Ups, downs stops/starts, speed and headwinds make it variable but always make it back with at least a little left.

IMG_5140.JPG

But on my MTB with a 750w torque sensing mid drive, that the mileage seems to be whacky on and only has a bar type voltmeter, I figure I can go 3.5 hrs. in eco , which is all I ever use anyway, on double/single track using the same battery as they are interchangeable. Lots of steep hill climbing and technical single with some dirt road connectors in a typical ride of 2 or so hrs.

IMG_0256.JPG

The thing I find funny is that with the same battery on the road bike I will wear out the battery too soon sometimes, and on the MTB the battery will wear me out!

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Up to 40 miles on a 52v 10.5ah averaging 17 mph on my 48v 1000w 700c x 40c road bike but mostly average around 30 @ 20 mph and by then I am about ready to get off the bike anyway. Ups, downs stops/starts, speed and headwinds make it variable but always make it back with at least a little left.

View attachment 943

But on my MTB with a 750w torque sensing mid drive, that the mileage seems to be whacky on and only has a bar type voltmeter, I figure I can go 3.5 hrs. in eco , which is all I ever use anyway, on double/single track using the same battery as they are interchangeable. Lots of steep hill climbing and technical single with some dirt road connectors in a typical ride of 2 or so hrs.

View attachment 944

The thing I find funny is that with the same battery on the road bike I will wear out the battery too soon sometimes, and on the MTB the battery will wear me out!
That is a seriously interesting front suspension/linkage. Almost like a triple-clamp setup but with an extra pivot to steering stem? Can you please link this product/setup? Looks awesome.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
17.8 miles and 2.5K feet of climbing today, all in eMTB mode. 4 miles range remaining.

Reactions: Ade

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
That is a seriously interesting front suspension/linkage. Almost like a triple-clamp setup but with an extra pivot to steering stem? Can you please link this product/setup? Looks awesome.

Sorry for the tardy response. The fork is a French Fournales fork that Look distributed back in the 90's. It was a $1000 fork back then and compounded by its different than others design didn't sell as well as it worked. About 10 years ago they gave it up and a gent in the Netherlands bought out the remaining stock and list3ed them on eBay.

The forks are head tube length specific and came in a small (4"), med (5") and lg. (6") all +/-. The popularity of the med and lg. models were due to the head tube length of 26" wheeled bikes of that era bing predominant. When 29" wheels came along in 99' these forks came across out radar in the quest for a suspension fork as at that time none existed.

Long story short there were a lot of small sizes available and as they worked best with the shorter head tube of a 29"er frame I bought a bunch of them cheap BITD. I had a friend take out the dropouts and re-machine new ones 35mm longer and have been using them ever since. 80mm travel and about as light a sus fork as there is.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Sorry for the tardy response. The fork is a French Fournales fork that Look distributed back in the 90's. It was a $1000 fork back then and compounded by its different than others design didn't sell as well as it worked. About 10 years ago they gave it up and a gent in the Netherlands bought out the remaining stock and list3ed them on eBay.

The forks are head tube length specific and came in a small (4"), med (5") and lg. (6") all +/-. The popularity of the med and lg. models were due to the head tube length of 26" wheeled bikes of that era bing predominant. When 29" wheels came along in 99' these forks came across out radar in the quest for a suspension fork as at that time none existed.

Long story short there were a lot of small sizes available and as they worked best with the shorter head tube of a 29"er frame I bought a bunch of them cheap BITD. I had a friend take out the dropouts and re-machine new ones 35mm longer and have been using them ever since. 80mm travel and about as light a sus fork as there is.

Cheers, really interesting and good to see the technology lives on! How does it feel on the trail?

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Cheers, really interesting and good to see the technology lives on! How does it feel on the trail?

Considering that I have been mtb'ing for 35 yrs. and my other two bikes are rigid it does all I need it to. Small bump compliance is really good especially because I only run 1bar in the tire. I swapped out with a knowledgeable bike review writer type guy on a Levo awhile back and he didn't have anything negative to say about it. I still couldn't keep up with him....so for the way I ride it feels just right. YMMV

IMG_0665.JPG

mazukea

Feb 1, 2020
Hawaii
18-20 miles on my neighborhood rides about 4 times a week. which is about an hour long.
8-12 miles in my local mtb trails. About 2 hours long.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Circa 30 miles and 4K feet climbing 3 times/week, then another two rides of 20 miles on semi flat terrain. If it raining then I’m a pussy so I stay at home. I use all modes on the bike, after all I did Get it for fun. If I want pure workouts then I use my wife’s 26” spesh. Smiles for miles Is what it’s about for me.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
On my 378Whr Focus Jam2, with 29x2.5" Maxxis HR 11 3C compound tyres, I would say that pre-lockdown it was about 15-18 miles typically with an occasional 20-22 miles . Then came lockdown and my riding was limited to tarmac, towpaths and hard rutted bridleways. Then I was doing 30-32 miles but with 29x2.6 Maxxis Rekon, 3C front, 1C rear, pumped harder. Now we have been released to go around trail centres, my old tyres are back on and I'm now ranging 12-24 miles. No idea on the amount climbed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles