How does it feel being a Meta Power owner?

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
Everyday since the 2020 was announced last year i wake up and immediately start daydreaming about owning and riding that bike. I have seen a few out in the wild, but am curious to know how it feels owning the best bike on the market? Owning one will never be an option for me, so this is as close I can get. Thanks

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Best bike on the market? That's purely subjective.

How does it feel though? I'm expecting a 2020 to arrive in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know later LOL

I have a 2018 Meta Power 29er right now, and it's been great. It's one of the reasons why I decided to get the 2020... and I'm glad I did, because I don't like the look of the 2021 versions (regardless of if they have a newer motor/battery)

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
I agree I'm not a fan of the 2021 style. The 2020 team is where my heart lays. I know most wouldn't consider it the best bike on the market, but when $6k is way out of budget, I don't even bother looking at the specs on the $16k-24k levo sl and heckler. Stoked your getting one soon. Congrats

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I agree I'm not a fan of the 2021 style. The 2020 team is where my heart lays. I know most wouldn't consider it the best bike on the market, but when $6k is way out of budget, I don't even bother looking at the specs on the $16k-24k levo sl and heckler. Stoked your getting one soon. Congrats

I said the "Subjective" comment because you know how the internet is... the moment a Levo or Pivot or YT eMTB owner sees a comment like that, they can't help themselves and have to start an argument LOL jk

Regarding "budget" IMO it's a perceived value that is only equal to what you're prepared and willing to spend at the time. Example: If you currently have a $3k budget and you want a $6k bike, no one said you can't wait and save more money except yourself. Likewise if you have $6k ready but you can't justify spending that much, then your perceived "budget" is actually less.

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
Good point, I don't fall under those categories yet. Over 25 years mountain biking and my most expensive bike is my current bike I bought 4 years old used for $1200. I just can't see myself spending $3-4k on a bike I will outside, it makes more sense to pay the extra change and have a solid bike I wouldn't have to worry about breaking. Stoked you get to ride one shortly

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
I’m glad I went with commencal and out of Nukeproof,vitus,whyte And cannondale I’ve had the best customer services with these guys,you don’t see many about either and that gives it you back when peeps are looking all over it on the trails,regards build quality there nothing yet I’ve found which isn’t missing grease or loctite,they are quick too respond to emails and seem to be genuine bike enthusiasts with a sense of humour,they dont hold back on telling you what’s not worth replacing like for like,there ride alfa stuffs pretty good value as well.

sleevedone

Jun 25, 2020
Red Deer, Alberta
I have the 2020 Meta Power SX signature, I was really worried about the geometry, I ride an XL and the wheelbase is like 1300 cm (had to sell my bike rack cause it wouldn't fit). The bike is amazing in every way. It climbs like a goat and descends like nothing I've ever owned. Best bike I've ever owned, hands down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles