Change Gear Cable Meta Power 2019 - How simple is it?

GOSBTS

Sep 24, 2018
Sussex
Please can someone let me know how much hassle I'm in for here. I need to change the gear cable, can I slide out & in new cable (and new outer) without dropping the motor out. from memory when I dropped the motor before the cable outer had foam damping around it and may not slide too easily? Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks,
Jim.

DrChris

Oct 29, 2018
Australia
I definitely had to drop the motor to replace the housing. I kept 2 mounting bolts attached so I could swing the motor out of the way like a hinge. Made it relatively simple, just needed some patience! Oh, and I never reinstalled the foam around the housing. Made no difference to regarding noise/performance.

Please can someone let me know how much hassle I'm in for here. I need to change the gear cable, can I slide out & in new cable (and new outer) without dropping the motor out. from memory when I dropped the motor before the cable outer had foam damping around it and may not slide too easily? Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks,
Jim.

GOSBTS

Sep 24, 2018
Sussex
I definitely had to drop the motor to replace the housing. I kept 2 mounting bolts attached so I could swing the motor out of the way like a hinge. Made it relatively simple, just needed some patience! Oh, and I never reinstalled the foam around the housing. Made no difference to regarding noise/performance.
Thanks for info. 3 hours later I have a new cable installed....got to love internally routed cables...!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles