Levo Gen 3 How do you remove the chainring ?

cfrea

Jun 12, 2023
Los Angeles
Whats the best way to remove the chainring on the Levo? I tried doing it with the crank on and holding the little nuts on the back side with a wrnech but it just keeps spinning on me

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Whats the best way to remove the chainring on the Levo? I tried doing it with the crank on and holding the little nuts on the back side with a wrnech but it just keeps spinning on me
Why don’t you just remove the cranks, plastic nut and use a gear puller to pop the chainring off? Easily done and how I do it.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
1689928796821.png

RiderOnTheStorm

You shouldn't have to remove the crank. May be just the right pedal (to be able to slide the chainring out after removing the bolts).

When I replaced my chainring, I used a special wrench from Park Tool (below) to hold the slotted chainring nuts in place while loosening or tightening the bolt. Chainring disassembly and re-installation was fairly quick and easy.

Just make sure you Locktite the bolts after replacing the chainring.

chainringtool.png

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
You shouldn't have to remove the crank. May be just the right pedal (to be able to slide the chainring out after removing the bolts).

When I replaced my chainring, I used a special wrench from Park Tool (below) to hold the slotted chainring nuts in place while loosening or tightening the bolt. Chainring disassembly and re-installation was fairly quick and easy.

Just make sure you Locktite the bolts after replacing the chainring.

I needed to remove the crank and spider to get my chainring off. It wasn't possible to get adequate leverage on the back side of the crank bolts in my case.

Last edited:

cfrea

Jun 12, 2023
Los Angeles
Well I remvoed the crank but still cant get the cahinring off as it wont come off the spider without taking the spider off

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Well I remvoed the crank but still cant get the cahinring off as it wont come off the spider without taking the spider off

Yup - edited my comment. I meant to say crank arm + spider. I used the lockring tool and a gear puller, as suggested above.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Off to my bike shop to get the tool lol. Was the lock ring torqued or does it unthread easily with a 32mm socket?

It's on there quite tight. The torque spec is 50 Nm or so if I recall for my 2022 Levo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles