Hi my names Mike Newton looking forward to having a chat(s)

Newt64

Jan 25, 2021
Brighton
Good afternoon all, My names Mike Newton I live in Brighton ?? Uk. I'm 78 relatively fit! Just bought my Vitus eUrban still struggling with even smallest hills advice appreciated
Ee

IMG_5082.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Good afternoon all, My names Mike Newton I live in Brighton ?? Uk. I'm 78 relatively fit! Just bought my Vitus eUrban still struggling with even smallest hills advice appreciated
Ee

View attachment 51039

View attachment 51040
Hey Mike, practice makes perfect and persistence is key. Perhaps if you explain how you approach a climb, we can recommend steps and offer guidance.
It would be easy for me to point out that less weight on the rear wheel will result in any hardtail accelerating quicker but again, explain (as much as possible how you approach a climb (level of assist, seated, sprinting or off the saddle etc.)
Look forward to hearing from you (from one hardtail emtb owner to another)?

20201130_161027.jpg

Newt64

Jan 25, 2021
Brighton
Whoooa thanks very much...I'll give you more info tomorrow! ????

Hey Mike, practice makes perfect and persistence is key. Perhaps if you explain how you approach a climb, we can recommend steps and offer guidance.
It would be easy for me to point out that less weight on the rear wheel will result in any hardtail accelerating quicker but again, explain (as much as possible how you approach a climb (level of assist, seated, sprinting or off the saddle etc.)

View attachment 51044
ll

View attachment 51044

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Welcome Mike, you should be flying up those hills, so something is wrong with either bike, motor, or technique. That will soon be fixed by the advice on here. :)

It could be you of course, you could be desperately unfit, but remembering how good you used to be. If it is this, it will soon remedy itself as you get fitter. :)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
The original post was January 2021. You’re all talking to a guy that has been and gone over 10 months ago :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles