Analog rider looking forward to finding my first E-nduro bike.

lokbot

Jan 26, 2021
Oregon
Hello there! I've been e-curious for a while and I'm excited about buying my first emtb this year. I rode an eMTB a couple of years ago when visiting family in Bentonville Arkansas. I was amazed at how easy it was to do a 30 mile ride and not be exhausted afterwards. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the feeling of exerting a ton of energy and pushing myself to the limit, but I can really only do those rides occasionally because I need to be a productive person with the rest of my time.

I'm looking for a long travel smasher because I really want to be able to lap some of our gnarlier shuttle DH trails. I've mostly been eyeing manufacturer direct. I have a 2018 YT Jeffsy that's my daily driver trail bike and a 2020 custom build Commencal Clash Mullet for gnarlier rides and bike park days. I'm using all of my self control to not pull the trigger and buy a Commencal Meta Power SX because I'm waiting for announcements for the 2021 YT Decoy, Propain Ekano, and to see what Canyon announces.

Are there any other bikes that you guys think I should keep an eye out for this year?

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Arkansas eh?
Trek, Norco, Santa Cruise, Levo seem to be a decent ride in this area. The motor was a factor in my choice, and wether the LBS could service it.

lokbot

Jan 26, 2021
Oregon
Arkansas eh?
Trek, Norco, Santa Cruise, Levo seem to be a decent ride in this area. The motor was a factor in my choice, and wether the LBS could service it.
Thanks for the response Stihldog, Oh no I live in Boise ID and I ride mainly in the NW. Sorry for the confusion. I was visiting family in Bentonville when I demoed a Trek Rail. I'm not really looking for a bike from a LBS. I support them when I buy rims, tires, chains etc, but for big purchases I buy manufacturer direct so I get a better spec for less $$$. Unless I really wanted something specific like an Orbea Rise.

I also don't go to LBS for service on my bikes. Not that there aren't great mechanics out there, but I have the tools and the know how and I would don't want to have to double check other peoples work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles