Hi , is there a new Kenevo coming out ?

Funky Bolly

Nov 10, 2018
Newport wales
Talking to my very informative ,friend and uplift driver Darrel Axford of Cwmdown uplift Cwmcarn , he made a comment that a new Kenevo is on its way .I want a Kenevo in new year but will wait until a new model is out . Anyone got info on this ?

Funky Bolly

Nov 10, 2018
Newport wales
There's a few posts on this. Probably autumn 2019.

New kenevo will have a 1000ah battery, carbon frame, silent motor and a thumb throttle.

Half of this post of totally made up.
And this post is a product of Saturday night beer intake and a wicked sense of humour lol

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
In all seriousness, this has been discussed a bunch. The consensus is its unlikely to have a new model until August/September, and no-one knows what it will be like. There was some suggestion of a carbon kenevo in the near future, which @Al Boneta squashed, Al is a specialized dealer and typically knows what's coming up, but it's also usually gagged by embargoes.

Of the current kenevos, the expert is definitely the pick, the savings for the comp do not justify the reduction in spec. Ideally buy last year's expert on sale of there are any left, as it's the same bike in different colours.

Arguably the kenevo is a touch of overkill for most riders, but mine has saved me on a few occasions and gives so much confidence, so I wouldn't change it.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
In all seriousness, this has been discussed a bunch. The consensus is its unlikely to have a new model until August/September, and no-one knows what it will be like. There was some suggestion of a carbon kenevo in the near future, which @Al Boneta squashed, Al is a specialized dealer and typically knows what's coming up, but it's also usually gagged by embargoes.

Of the current kenevos, the expert is definitely the pick, the savings for the comp do not justify the reduction in spec. Ideally buy last year's expert on sale of there are any left, as it's the same bike in different colours.

Arguably the kenevo is a touch of overkill for most riders, but mine has saved me on a few occasions and gives so much confidence, so I wouldn't change it.
Let me preface this post by making the following statements:

This only my opinion not fact

It is my best educated guess.

I don’t have any inside information

They will probably make a carbon Kenevo, but not in this current version of the bike.
The current Enduro is in its 3rd model year, usually they redesign a bike family every 3 years. So I think we’ll see one on the market this time next year.
When a new Enduro is announced (probably this spring) a new Kenevo 2 would probably follow six to eight months later.
Hopefully a new Kenevo would address issues with current version.
My wish list would be
29” wheel option
Non-proprietary rear shock
Longer top tube
Shorter seat tube
2.3 version motor
Slacker head tube
Lighter frame but it doesn’t have to be carbon
No more piece of shit WU command post
Saint brakes or XT 4 piston
Adjustable head angle headset
Most of the Levo 2 updates

The bike is overkill, to me at least

A new Kenevo should be the same travel as a new Enduro.

Maybe they should just make an electric version of the Demo DH bike instead of an electric Enduro with 10mm of more wheel travel.

What I would rather have is this bike with 160mm travel with a 2.2 or 2.3 motor and it wouldn’t have to be carbon either. In fact don’t paint it all.
90B47537-E30B-45FC-AF93-CBBC754983C2.jpeg

A Levo 2 EVO would the only E bike I would need

Whatever new bike Specialized has coming, half the people on here will shit all over it because it’s too expensive to them or because it doesn’t have perceived “better spec”
Okay so that last paragraph is fact.

Back to you @Dax

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles