Hi , first time ebike user UK

connor

Jul 22, 2022
wittering stamford
Hi all nice to be here i got my first ebike the e505 delivered yesterday and it looks and goes great . Unfortunately i cannot get my head around the seat setting thing i have tried everything on the net (you tube) to sort it but it just wont stay down and just pops back up. The leaver is constantly tight and wont move much at all any help would be awesome thankyou . :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not knowing the bike, but it sounds like the dropper controller is applying too much pressure on the cable. You need to loosen the nut/bolt/screw at the handlebar end to take some tension off the cable, then tighten it again. If you're completely unsure, post some pictures of the dropper lever from different angles.

connor

Jul 22, 2022
wittering stamford
Not knowing the bike, but it sounds like the dropper controller is applying too much pressure on the cable. You need to loosen the nut/bolt/screw at the handlebar end to take some tension off the cable, then tighten it again. If you're completely unsure, post some pictures of the dropper lever from different angles.
Hi there you mean this? I have but it still doesn’t want to work

16D61329-DEB6-4CDA-AF85-AA473F533EEF.jpeg

110E60A7-D9ED-45D5-B762-F194E8F7F9D3.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
In which case the cable is jammed in the internal routing which in effect is constantly having the same effect as pushing the lever on the handlebars.
First try feeding the cable into the frame at the point it goes into the grommet at the top of the down tube. It would also help to remove the battery so you can see the cable running down the down tube. If you get a bit of slack in the cable in the ( open ) downtube try pushing that slack towards the seat tube. If you are successful in feeding more cable towards the bottom of the seat tube you will see the handlebar lever move outwards as the outer cable creates more room for the inner cable to operate.
From the bottom of the downtube it will probably pass over the top of the motor and into the bottom of the seat tube then up to the base of the dropper. Keep persuading the outer cable to move towards that point.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles