Hi All, newbie would like advice

ChrisS

Aug 1, 2020
London
Hi, please to meet you all. I'm middle aged, love biking, know nothing about eMTBs, would love to start this hobby.

I live in SE London. What groups can I join that are close? What type of bike should I start with? I'm looking for range and power as I'm not super fit. Budget probably ~£3000 - £3500.

Thanks

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Full suspension or hardtail, aggressive frame geometry or more cross-country style, it all depends on what sort of riding you want to do. As for motor choices, bikes with the Bosch CX-4 give good range and power and there will be some options within your budget, Rocky Mountain too or Haibike with the TQ motor, those could be at the pricier end though not sure what the pricing is like in the UK, or one of the Bosch-powered Haibikes with a range extender, don't think too many Bosch-powered bikes have an optional range extender, better than having to get a spare battery ;)

Last edited:

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
If you ride off-road often, get a full suspension and protect your spine.
I have been riding a hard-tail in the woods and I enjoyed it, not knowing what I was missing.
Now that I have a full suspension eMTB I enjoy the rides much more without taking skeletal strain.
I keep my hard-tail as spare, but I am not planning to ride it anytime soon

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
You need to provide as much info about yourself and the type of riding you do..my single piece of advice would be go to the nearest local dealer with a good reputation.youve got a decent enough budget to get most branded bikes.ride as many as possible then decide or comeback here and ask opinions

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles