Helvellyn, any one done it

richysgc

Nov 9, 2020
Sunderland
Got a little break planned for this week and managed to fit a bike a day into the agenda. Has anyone done helvellyn and if so what route did you take? seems like there are a few different routes glenridding and climbing up sticks pass but wondering if anyone has a better suggestion?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
From Glenridding seems the best way. I've been up the more direct path just south of the Sticks Pass one, and its straightforward bridleway with some steep bits on the zigzags.

I haven't been round the Sticks Pass section - maybe go up one and down the other?

It should also be possible from the Old Coach Road too, to the north, but I've not been along that ridge either :)

1630279820063.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Myself & Nick McKeown did the full range many years ago on normal mtb's in memory of his good freind (Peter) who died way to young from cancer ..we managed to raise a fair amount of money ..cant remember how much ( but in excess of 1k ) which was donated to Macmillan & Marie Curie charities..
One of the hottest days Ive ever ridden a bike on ..
We started at High Broadrayne ..traversed all of the peaks to the Old Coach Road and ended the ride at St.Johns in the Vale ( car at both ends ) ..tough ride and not one I would really recommend on a hot day ..and suffice to say we havent done it since ( even with the benefit of an ebike ) ?

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
It’s pretty easy and straight forward, quite easy to start in glenridding, head up kepel cove and the zigzags, across to hellvelan and down dolly wagon then single track back to glenridding, pretty sure u could do it in less than an hour I was with my mate on a normal bike.
1F55E267-FB63-485E-8AA4-0CEF15B07730.jpeg

richysgc

Nov 9, 2020
Sunderland
cheers guys, heading out tommorow so will hopefully get some good pics and not lost, going to aim for glenridding and head out from there. Pics to follow!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles