Well, I've gone and done it, E-Bike purchased...

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
So I've finally decided what to buy, initially I was looking at a trying to get a good deal on second hand E-Bikes spending hours on eBay, Facebook and gumtree. However the thing that put me off on potential savings was the warranty issues if any problems arise. A lot of the manufacturers don't transfer the warranties across to the new owner, and when you read about issues with motors etc etc that stopped me in my tracks.

Then I tried to go round some bike shops and then I realised I've never really taken any notice of the rush for fitness over the last two years and yes there are massive shortages of stock on the floor, fair play to the industry they've never had it so good, anyway barely any stock on the floor, months long waiting lists and absolutely no discounts.

Then I spent an age looking around at motors, suspension travel, geometry, 27.5 or 29 wheels etc etc and finally managed to narrow the bikes down to a few, models problem is when you try and find one in large its like the proverbial needle in a haystack, anyway I've just managed to snag a great looking bike (which seemed to be sold out everywhere) and even got a healthy discount on it. Hopefully it should be here tomorrow.

Anyway I've plumped for the CUBE Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Pro 625 2022, can't wait to try it out hopefully tomorrow or the weekend.
It's got everything I wanted in a bike, 140mm travel, Rockshox forks and the Bosche CX Performance motor, fingers crossed for no issues...

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Well you can't be faulted in terms of research ..and I'm sure you are going to be loving your new bike ..
We have a bit of an e-bike group riding thing going on in the North East ..so any time you feel like joining in just look out for the rides posted in the rideout section ..
In the meantime have fun getting to know your bike 😁

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
Well you can't be faulted in terms of research ..and I'm sure you are going to be loving your new bike ..
We have a bit of an e-bike group riding thing going on in the North East ..so any time you feel like joining in just look out for the rides posted in the rideout section ..
In the meantime have fun getting to know your bike 😁
Thanks mate, got to get my fitness back up again but after that I will deffo be interested in those group rides out.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks mate, got to get my fitness back up again but after that I will deffo be interested in those group rides out.

Don’t worry too much about fitness, I’m as fit as a pig that ate all the pies but manage to keep up on the group rides absolutely fine. There’s plenty of time to catch up if left behind anyway as Hodge and EMF spend half their time on the ground 😆

Congrats on the new bike, you’ll love it

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
And here is the bike in question:
IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

First MTB I’ve bought in 9 years, the weight is surprising, dropper posts is a great idea and just charging it up now.
Bloody forgot to order pedals so just ordered some now for the bike.

Have to say a massive thanks to LeisureWheels who actually had a Cube 2022 bike in large in actual stock, I ordered yesterday morning and it’s just arrived fully boxed, credit to Cube for the amount of bubble wrap on it and unwrapped and setup in about 20 mins.

Plus that healthy discount I got from them as well meant I’ve got this for £3500 which I was looking at 1-2 year old bikes second hand for that price.

Can’t wait to try it out next week now…

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
That's a stealthy bike! Not going to be seen on that are you? All Black...

Comes with a Dyson vacuum cleaner too! Nice! ;-)

Looks great, maybe if you join us on a ride out p in the NE we'll get to see it...

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
That's a stealthy bike! Not going to be seen on that are you? All Black...

Comes with a Dyson vacuum cleaner too! Nice! ;-)

Looks great, maybe if you join us on a ride out p in the NE we'll get to see it...

It was the Dyson that swung the deal, yep I actually prefer the darker colours, its not like I'm using it to commute to and from work tbs.
Oh I'll be on the rides come next year mate, be good to get fresh air again and remember the times of blowing out of my backside after doing a 1% gradient climb lol...

k2lvn

Apr 7, 2020
NORTH EAST
I'd rather support my local dealer - but that sort of discount is difficult to ignore! - How did you manage that?
Was it the keyworker discount?

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
I'd rather support my local dealer - but that sort of discount is difficult to ignore! - How did you manage that?
Was it the keyworker discount?

Agreed I used to always buy local years ago, but my local stores don’t carry much Cube stock atm and the discount was substantial.

Yep keyworker discount, first time I’ve heard of it tbh.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles