Help need a Kenevo Spring

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Needing a 106nm or higher spring for my bike . im 255 lbs with kit and and carrying a spare levo battery perhaps more . all the ones in the uk are out of stock or only go to 100nm .

they seem to be priced at around £55 .

i have found one here ÖHLINS Steel Coil Spring for TTX 22 M 190, 200 mm

any cheaper ? or am i paying over the £100 mark .. the spring thats on my medium is way to soft for me and had pedal strieks galore even woth it on its hardest setting .

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
Contact Berkshire Cycles. I’m a similar weight to you and they supplied my kenevo with a 700lb spring

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Contact Berkshire Cycles. I’m a similar weight to you and they supplied my kenevo with a 700lb spring
Didnt think you could get a 700lb spring . i thought the most as 640.

i have just order one from bike componants in germany and biggest they had in stock was the 605 . i will have to give it a couple of extra turns on the preload maybe as i will order Ti spring from Ti-springs as there ratings are much much higher , but there sizing is a bid confusing when they say i need a shock of 2.25 stroke when the ohlins is a 2.5 stroke . with there rating they are staing on there calculator that i need a 800lb spring lol. same price what i just paid for a steel spring but takes 6-8 weeks to arrive .

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
They get them custom made in bigger sizes. Not sure the price but it’s worth speaking to them. You need to get the correct weight of spring

Kenevo cambo

Sep 7, 2018
Australia
Didnt think you could get a 700lb spring . i thought the most as 640.

i have just order one from bike componants in germany and biggest they had in stock was the 605 . i will have to give it a couple of extra turns on the preload maybe as i will order Ti spring from Ti-springs as there ratings are much much higher , but there sizing is a bid confusing when they say i need a shock of 2.25 stroke when the ohlins is a 2.5 stroke . with there rating they are staing on there calculator that i need a 800lb spring lol. same price what i just paid for a steel spring but takes 6-8 weeks to arrive .
I had the same issues when upgrading the spring on my kenevo, turns out quite a lot of 2.25” stroke springs have enough stroke for a 2.5” application so don’t get too hung up on the fact it might not be a 2.5” stroke spring. (Do your homework though)
Cane Creek VALT spring in 2.25” sizing is spot on for ohlins shock on kenevo expert.
NOTE: spring does rub slightly on shock body

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles