Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo 2021Expert EXT shock spring weight

Googy

Jun 5, 2021
Australia
Hi all just considering a EXT E Shock for my Kenevo . They come with 2 springs and im not sure exactly what spring i should be using ? Im 86KG all up .
The shock In Australia Costs $2k AUD . Id like to think at least 1 of the springs will work. Im told by the supplier that a 500 - 525lb spring should be close?
Can anybody out there share some advice? The cost is scary and so it would be nice to get it right .
Thanks
Gary Guglielmi

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Hi all just considering a EXT E Shock for my Kenevo . They come with 2 springs and im not sure exactly what spring i should be using ? Im 86KG all up .
The shock In Australia Costs $2k AUD . Id like to think at least 1 of the springs will work. Im told by the supplier that a 500 - 525lb spring should be close?
Can anybody out there share some advice? The cost is scary and so it would be nice to get it right .
Thanks
Gary Guglielmi

The shock comes from EXT with two springs, it’s not like they discount it if you only take one. My suggestion is to just pick two.
EXT has a good spring calculator, try it out. I put an e-Storia on my bike and love it.

Googy

Jun 5, 2021
Australia
Thanks mate, yeah im aware that there are 2 springs supplied . Havnt run a coil before and toooo much googling !
I used the calculator and the figures are exactly what the supplier said . Same calculator no doubt LOL.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Thanks mate, yeah im aware that there are 2 springs supplied . Havnt run a coil before and toooo much googling !
I used the calculator and the figures are exactly what the supplier said . Same calculator no doubt LOL.

i would suggest the one it recommends and the next size up I guess. Maybe if you start jumping bigger you’ll want a little heavier spring?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Thanks
Gary Guglielmi
Brother weight 87 to 90 kitted on his Kenevo and he runs a 500 and a 525 in his estoria.

Googy

Jun 5, 2021
Australia
After lots of inquires re a coil shock for my Expert Kenevo it seems Push dont do them and either does Fox DHX2 Coil.
EXT are 1 company and so is Ohlins that do them for this particular bike and for my weight of 86kg all up the recomeneded spring rate is 500 525 450 on the EXT depending on the sag you use.
Thanks for the help guys .
Gary

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
After lots of inquires re a coil shock for my Expert Kenevo it seems Push dont do them and either does Fox DHX2 Coil.
EXT are 1 company and so is Ohlins that do them for this particular bike and for my weight of 86kg all up the recomeneded spring rate is 500 525 450 on the EXT depending on the sag you use.
Thanks for the help guys .
Gary
Ohlins recommend a 548lb spring for an 86kg rider on a kenevo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles