Help me pick! Focus Thron2 or Aventura?

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
So i have narrowed it down to these two bikes that i like that are locally available to me.
I will mostly be riding roads/bike paths locally around my house, as the trails are about 1.5 hours away. But at the same time i want to ride simple trails not crazy jumps or drops or anything, just mostly flat singletrack with some rocks/stuff along the way.. Maybe if i really like it i will go out to the trails more often, but at the moment i am just not sure.. What i am planning to do a lot though is ride longer distances on roads/bike paths, like along the coast and around the big river along side my city center.
I value comfort but also value the stealth of a hardtail. It doesnt look like an expensive bike so much and may be less targetted to have it stolen from me. Also value the less maintenance to keep up the hardtail. Cost is a little bit more for the FS but thats also within my budget if need be.
I was thinking of getting a suspension seatpost with the hardtail to just take make it a little bit closer to FS but still keep all the advantages. From test riding a lot of bikes i prefer the more comfortable upright seating position, of which the Jarifa is more upright, but the Thron is also 'quite upright' for a FS, but then comes with the added comfort of the FS..

Ahh! Please help! I need to confirm the preorder soon for the 2021 stock which is coming in september!

LanzaSteve

Jun 17, 2020
Lanzarote
Hi Akelu, I’ve had my Thron 2 6.8 for about 6 weeks no. Great bike, really well built, changed the pedals to Nukeproof Sam hills and the alloy bars for Brand X carbon, much less vibration on rutted paths. 1400km done on Lanzarote, love it.
ED736F16-5927-4525-86EF-530263EAEC7A.jpeg

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
Thanks, I did end up going for the Thron 6.9. should be arriving in about a fortnight! Very excited.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles