Help Finding ‘The (Im)possible bike'

Peter Sky

May 1, 2023
Umbria
So I got myself a Haibike trekking 6 as I need to keep moving being diagnosed with a degenerative condition so bike while I still can and because I’ve always loved (bio) biking.

I’m really having a blast but more and more I’m taking the bike to ‘paths’ to which it doesn’t seem completely suited. I’m in central Italy and have always been walking lots trough the bush but I found out I can do the same with the bike and venture into new zones which is great.

Now my problem is I use the bike for shopping and visiting friends but also enjoy going heavily off road when I feel good enough. As said my bike seems ill suited for the last in the suspension and grip area.

I’m thinking of changing the bike for a Stance E+ Ex PRO so I can still attach my Ortlieb bags when needed.

Another option would be to get an EMTB, Allmntn, Stance/Trance and fit a rack and fenders and maybe some lights.

Obvious solution would be to get 2 bikes but space and money is somewhat limited.

Btw. I’m 176cm, 66kg, fairly fit, I hit steep technical trails but don’t fly of mountains at 60km/u. The terrain is full of loose stones and gravel when dry (most often)
Oh and I hope I don't get scolded posting this having a trekking bike and not a real EMTB
Has any one any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles