Help... can anybody advise on spectral:on 2021 sizing guide...

DJP7323

Nov 11, 2020
wiltshire
Hi - Never had a Canyon bike before and just changing from a Trek Rail in large to a Canyon Spectral:ON but cant decide on the size of the new Spectral. I'm 176cm tall with 80cm inside leg and ride large analogue trail/ enduro bikes yet Canyon are telling me I need a medium in the Spectral:ON.

So... my question is are the Canyon bikes bigger than other brands, what experiences of this have you guys had and should I just trust the size guide and get it paid for?

Lexinoo

Sep 21, 2019
Cannock chase
I have the older Spectral,I'm just under 5'10" so 177 ish CMS? .
Canyon recommended me a medium but I went for the large and it fits absolutely perfectly. . I have the seat post raised about 25 mm from bottom.

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
I'm not sure their sizing guides are correct. when I had a look at the new spectral it said I needed a large??o_O I'm 194cm, every other bike I own has been XL and none of them are anywhere near being too big, mostly on the small side ?‍♂️

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
interested to owners 1,70.
the site said S but in the past i always bought M size from specialized cannondale decathlot etc

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I ride trek 17,5 frames wich correspond to a medium/small and have the spectralon on size large because it was the only availanle at the time. The large is ok to me but I have long experience and can take advantage of the extra room at the cockpit and manage the extra weight of the ebike with ease.
I am 1,78m tall and have normal leg lengh, though it seems they are shortenning with time so do not care to measure it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles