Hello from Melbourne Australia

DJRumble

Jan 24, 2021
Australia
Hello all

I watched Robs video on building the Cheeb and it hooked me in to get back into mountain biking. Been road riding for a while.

I am trying to decide between the M500 or M600 motor on the dengfu frame. I am 6.2 and 94 kg. Never ridden an ebike so not sure what I will need.

Will ask in the forums for some advice..but hit me up here as well if you have tried both and have any advice.

Mainly after trail/enduro riding. Some neck surgery a couple of years back ended my downhill days.

Thanks
Chris

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Keep in mind the M600 won't be legal for "public" use in many places, which is why they make the M500.

If you've not ridden an emtb, I suspect the M500 will be more than enough and a revelation after leg power alone up a hill ..

Remember that many people ride their Shimano,Bosch,Brose, SL - whatever - in Eco for much of the time, which is only 15-30% of the motor power anyway.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Yep, I'm one of those eco dudes. Not only that, I knocked eco mode down to med, from the standard high (shimano). It's still a huge amount of assistance. As zimmer said, if you can ride legally it will pay you to do so, esp. on the road. If you have an altercation with a registered vehicle and it is their fault you are covered by MAIB, which can make life so much easier if you need help with medical / income / retraining etc etc as a result of the accident.

Last edited:

DJRumble

Jan 24, 2021
Australia
Yep, I'm one of those eco dudes. Not only that, I knocked eco mode down to med, from the standard high (shimano). It's still a huge amount of assistance. As zimmer said, if you can ride legally it will pay you to do so, esp. on the road. If you have an altercation with a registered vehicle and it is their fault you are covered by MAIB, which can make life so much easier if you need help with medical / income / retraining etc etc as a result of the accident.

Realy good point on the car/insurance side of things thanks...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles