Hi from Melbourne, Australia

jman657

Jun 5, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all, Brett from Melbourne (northern suburbs) :)
after a weekend away riding Mystic MTB Park at Bright and torturing my legs (2011 Orbea Rallon) the first day, I rented a Trance E the next day (first time on an emtb) and couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Within a week I was the proud new owner of a 2019 Merida EONE Sixty 900e (I see lots of green models so went for the black). The Rallon is currently on eBay as I no longer have any use for it at all.
Plenty Gorge is my home trail if anyone is nearby.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Welcome mate, Just like you I took my mates ebike for a ride and a week later I bought the exact same bike as you, the black and gold is an awesome colour. I come from a motocross and enduro background and I have to say that the Fox 36 Grip 2 Kashima coat fork is the most motocross like fork I've ever ridden on an MTB, super plush over the small trail chatter, it is streets ahead of my Rockshox Lyric on my Intense Carbine Pro Build MTB.

Last edited:

jman657

Jun 5, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
It's amazing how that first ride on an emtb changes everything.
Have you changed the cranks on your Merida? I'm thinking of going shorter as I seem to be getting a lot of pedal strikes and the thread on here indicates it's a good move.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
It's amazing how that first ride on an emtb changes everything.
Have you changed the cranks on your Merida? I'm thinking of going shorter as I seem to be getting a lot of pedal strikes and the thread on here indicates it's a good move.

No I haven't, I'm still on the 170 stock ones, I had 2 pedal strikes yesterday but that was just me being lazy and not timing my pedal strokes correctly. I won't change them out until I damage one and then I'd probably only go 165's. The cranks on my non ebike are 175's so I'm finding the 170's ok.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Isn't mystic awesome on an emtb? We spent a week there and my poor daughter had to struggle back up those hills on her crankybike (I was zipping up then down whilst she was slogging away at the cranks.....)

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Hi all, Brett from Melbourne (northern suburbs) :)
after a weekend away riding Mystic MTB Park at Bright and torturing my legs (2011 Orbea Rallon) the first day, I rented a Trance E the next day (first time on an emtb) and couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Within a week I was the proud new owner of a 2019 Merida EONE Sixty 900e (I see lots of green models so went for the black). The Rallon is currently on eBay as I no longer have any use for it at all.
Plenty Gorge is my home trail if anyone is nearby.
Hi Brett,
Great bike, such fantastic value in Aus.
I have done 6000 trouble free k’s over the last 16months and still love mine.
May be tempted by the new E160 9000 but will probably be far too expensive here in NZ.
Enjoy??

jman657

Jun 5, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Isn't mystic awesome on an emtb? We spent a week there and my poor daughter had to struggle back up those hills on her crankybike (I was zipping up then down whilst she was slogging away at the cranks.....)
Yeah, that was my first time to Mystic and wouldn't even think about going again without my emtb. Have done Buller a few times on the old bike so keen to hit that on the new one but need to find some others with emtb (and wait until Winter is over of course).

jman657

Jun 5, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Brett,
Great bike, such fantastic value in Aus.
I have done 6000 trouble free k’s over the last 16months and still love mine.
May be tempted by the new E160 9000 but will probably be far too expensive here in NZ.
Enjoy??
All I want to do is ride (just like the old days), it's just so much fun. Having some hand surgery soon so will be out of action for a bit, trying to get as many rides in as I can.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles