Hello from Melbourne Australia! 6mth search for an EMTB and guess what I have on order!?!?!

ghettogolfer

Aug 17, 2021
Melbourne Australia
Have only been riding MTBs for just a touch over 18mths with most of that time stuck in lockdown. Main ride is a Canyon Strive and find that I don't have the time (& inclination) to train and get fit enough to earn my turns

In March, me and a few mates went on a 3 day MTB weekend and test rode a Levo, Trek rail 7, giant reign E 2+ and Kona remote rotating amongst the 3 of us. I fell in love most with the Trek at the time.

Absolutely loved the pedal assist experience to a point where I have dreaded every climb since then.

I've done the internet research and read and watched every review/shoot out and have decided to place an order for a new trek rail 9. Getting built at the moment and trying to work out a way to get it delivered to me in the next week or so, just in time for father's Day and my birthday!

ghettogolfer

Aug 17, 2021
Melbourne Australia
Hey man ..I'll deliver it for you ..all it will cost you are first class flight tickets from the UK ..oh and hotel with full board for a nice 3 month stay ..
Welcome to the forum ..?

As long as you can reciprocate a similar trip for me to get to the UK! I've bought from a relatively local store, and it's available, they just need to build it up and send it out. We're in hard lockdown ATM in Melbourne and can't really venture more than 5km from our home. The place I bought it from is 50km away. First world problems.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
As long as you can reciprocate a similar trip for me to get to the UK! I've bought from a relatively local store, and it's available, they just need to build it up and send it out. We're in hard lockdown ATM in Melbourne and can't really venture more than 5km from our home. The place I bought it from is 50km away. First world problems.
Yeah that is more than a bit of a bummer ..bottom line though is that you have got your hands on the bike you want and although frustrating you will be riding it at some point ..all the best things in life are worth waiting for ?
In the meantime have a great birthday & fathers day ( different day to the UK ) ..
Oh..and as for the reciprocal visits ..best I can do is show you some decent trails if you ever visit the North of England ..
Hope the wait is not too long ?

ghettogolfer

Aug 17, 2021
Melbourne Australia
Yeah that is more than a bit of a bummer ..bottom line though is that you have got your hands on the bike you want and although frustrating you will be riding it at some point ..all the best things in life are worth waiting for ?
In the meantime have a great birthday & fathers day ( different day to the UK ) ..
Oh..and as for the reciprocal visits ..best I can do is show you some decent trails if you ever visit the North of England ..
Hope the wait is not too long ?

Father's day is the first Sunday of September each year, and were expected to come out of lock down on the 2nd September. We've got some pretty conservative politicians here, so expecting this lock down thing to drag out a little more. Wanted the whole experience of walking into the store to collect the bike. Oh well. I'll have to settle for the delivery being my my moment of magic. Good thing is that I should get my bike earlier, being some time next week. Which is a full week earlier than my birthday on the 3rd of September!

ghettogolfer

Aug 17, 2021
Melbourne Australia
@ghettogolfer ..
Having heard about the delay in getting his new bike to him..GG organises a protest at short notice ??

Several cities are battling outbreaks of the highly contagious Delta variant.

Hahaha. Well played. I've been referred to as "resourceful" and "cunning" before, but have never been ousted so quickly after the roll out of a grand plan.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Have only been riding MTBs for just a touch over 18mths with most of that time stuck in lockdown. Main ride is a Canyon Strive and find that I don't have the time (& inclination) to train and get fit enough to earn my turns

In March, me and a few mates went on a 3 day MTB weekend and test rode a Levo, Trek rail 7, giant reign E 2+ and Kona remote rotating amongst the 3 of us. I fell in love most with the Trek at the time.

Absolutely loved the pedal assist experience to a point where I have dreaded every climb since then.

I've done the internet research and read and watched every review/shoot out and have decided to place an order for a new trek rail 9. Getting built at the moment and trying to work out a way to get it delivered to me in the next week or so, just in time for father's Day and my birthday!
If your prepared to destroy something in your house I’d be more than happy to come fix it up under essential services and deliver your bike ?

Where do you ride?

ghettogolfer

Aug 17, 2021
Melbourne Australia
If your prepared to destroy something in your house I’d be more than happy to come fix it up under essential services and deliver your bike ?

Where do you ride?

Love the timing of your offer and question.
Bike will be delivered on Thursday, as I found out today. My wife is fronting the discussions with amorningron Cycles as she's getting a kick out of it.

Usually we ride the Youyangs with my 7 & 9 yo boys and wifey. Have also done Redhill a few times as well, whilst wifey dutifully shuttled us back to the top of the runs. Outside of that Bright/Mystic Mountain is our favourite place to go. I'm guessing you're a Victorian?

Where do you ride?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Love the timing of your offer and question.
Bike will be delivered on Thursday, as I found out today. My wife is fronting the discussions with amorningron Cycles as she's getting a kick out of it.

Usually we ride the Youyangs with my 7 & 9 yo boys and wifey. Have also done Redhill a few times as well, whilst wifey dutifully shuttled us back to the top of the runs. Outside of that Bright/Mystic Mountain is our favourite place to go. I'm guessing you're a Victorian?

Where do you ride?
Hahaha always up for helping fellow ebikers!

Yes I’m a Victorian currently enjoy the joys of lockdown looking for any excuse to leave my cell.
As for where I ride, Youies, Lysty, Silvan, Redhill, Harcourt, Plenty gorge and then of course all the Alpine stuff as soon as we can.
Welcome to the club anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles