Hello from WA, USA

Desmopilot

Feb 25, 2024
USA
Hello everyone! Just registered for the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I've been riding MTB's for 35 years or so and just bought my 1st e bike. I started riding a Giant hardtail back in the day until I saved up enough to build a Diamondback V-link Pro ride. I hammered that for the longest time until I finally upgraded to a Trek Fuel EX8. That has been my dream bike until I started developing significant arthritis in both knees. I decided I could either go ahead with knee replacements or finally get the Santa Cruz Bullit I've been drooling over the past 3 years. When SC announced their factory sale in December I knew my decision had become easier.

So...I bought the Bullit! I'm sure my orthopedic guy is proud of me, lol. Actually, I work hard to keep my weight down and get lots of time on the treadmill. I hated that the pain was keeping me from riding and climbing like I used to be able to when I was in my 20's-30's. I'm 58 years old, about 6'1" and 185 lbs. I went with the XL frame as the large felt just a tad cramped. It's a big bike but I feel so comfortable in the cockpit. I've got about a half dozen rides on the Bullit and I absolutely love it. I set up the power profile to allow me to choose incremental steps in the Shimano torque output. I want to feel like I'm still working the bike, but can add power when the joints start complaining too much.

I've made minimal modifications so far, mostly rider interface stuff. ODI grips, Ergon saddle and some Shimano Saint pedals. I also have a couple Fox front fenders and have decided to roll with the XL version, especially with the winter mud.

I'm looking forward to pouring through this forum and learning as much as I can from all of you. I enjoy wrenching on my own machines and will be studying what to look out for with this frame and motor. My other hobbies are wheeling an FJ Cruiser and riding motorcyles. I ride Ducati's and enjoy doing track days as well. I like things with wheels.

Best regards,

Jeff

Bullit.jpg

Carlos.SR

Apr 19, 2023
USA/Germany
Hi, I´m in WA, too and have quite the same story. My bike got stolen out of my garage, bought a ebike last year and trying to get back into business.
All the best with your new bike!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles