Levo Gen 3 Hayes A4s on 2022 turbo levo comp possible?

travo

Nov 2, 2018
bracknell
That does surprise me. I got the hose through the chain stays of my KSL with no trouble at all. Have you tried a lube of some description?
I've tried everything short of pulling out the sleeve (dont really want to do that!), I spoke with a bike shop who have tried similar and gave up, I'm determined to find a solution as I'm a big fan of the Dominions!

big_scot_nanny

Subscriber
Nov 23, 2022
Scotland
I know its a bit of an old thread, but I'm tring to fit Dominions (A4's) to my gen 2 Levo SL and theres no way the hayes hose will fit through the rear chainstay holes, could you tell me which shimano hose you used? was it the newer sm-bh90 (smaller internal dia) or th older bh59? and is there no issue at the lever end using the hayes olive/inserts as they're a bigger dia than the shimano stuff?
cheers
As per Doomanic, poss best to see if you can get it to fit first, although I do see the issue as the hose is wider than normal.

I could not source a Hayes hose at the time I needed the brake, so used a BH90 as the banjo is the same as Hayes, and used a Hayes one piece olive/bushing and insert - but, importantly, with a new Shimano compression nut.

The threaded end of the compression nut fits perfectly into the Dominion lever, but the inner diameter is narrower and a tighter fit on the hose and olive/bushing.

Shimano compression nuts will not fit on Hayes hoses, and Hayes compression nuts are too loose on Shimano hoses. But they both thread perfectly into the lever, of course.

HTH!

travo

Nov 2, 2018
bracknell
I've tried to feed it through but it's not happening!
Thanks for the info/advice! It's much appreciated!
I've already ordered the one piece olive/insert and the bh90 hose kit so should be good to go this weekend.

The code rs's that came on the bike are a bit of a let down, so looking forward to getting dominions on there!
Cheers!

travo

Nov 2, 2018
bracknell
Just as a follow up on this.
It turns out that the old set of unused Sram guide t's I've had kicking about in the garage for ages use the exact same banjo and banjo bolt as the A4 Dominions.
Now I've just got to return the needlessly ordered shimano hose!

Crimsonslayer

Mar 17, 2024
Kentucky
Just thought I’d chime in on my experience with putting Hayes dominion A4 brakes on my 22’ gen 3 turbo levo. I had zero issues pushing the thicker brake hose through the internal routing from the rear of the bike to the front. I’m not sure it made too much of a difference, but I also used the park tool brake hose routing tool so someone could help me pull as I pushed. I also put some slickoleum on the first 3 or 4 inches of the brake hose to reduce friction. Smooth as butter. No issues at all.

IMG_1688.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles