GPS trackers, anti theft.

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
No I got the Bosch one, but i'm pretty sure the only difference is the connection cable
Yeah that’s where i have the problem,the instructions in German and the pictures to follow are taken about a meter away.Its not been the easiest lot to deal with,sent out the wrong gps and Getting a response from them has been a ball ache.

EnjOy!

Jul 8, 2019
Belgium
Yeah that’s where i have the problem,the instructions in German and the pictures to follow are taken about a meter away.Its not been the easiest lot to deal with,sent out the wrong gps and Getting a response from them has been a ball ache.
I PM'd you an email adres from one of the powunity guys that replied pretty fast to me

Ed_M

Patreon
Aug 9, 2019
Wokingham
No I got the Bosch one, but i'm pretty sure the only difference is the connection cable
The Brose variant does not come with a dedicated Brose cable. It comes with two auto connectors for splicing power off the TCU power cable. It was designed for the 1.3 motor, which did not allow them to develop a connector, and they have not revisited the design for the 2.1 motor.

The GPS unit is a good design though and has a secondary backup battery.

EnjOy!

Jul 8, 2019
Belgium
The Brose variant does not come with a dedicated Brose cable. It comes with two auto connectors for splicing power off the TCU power cable. It was designed for the 1.3 motor, which did not allow them to develop a connector, and they have not revisited the design for the 2.1 motor.

Oh ok, I did not know that, good to know :)

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven

Have you by any chance fitted it to the 2019 Levo?

Ed_M

Patreon
Aug 9, 2019
Wokingham
Have you by any chance fitted it to the 2019 Levo?
Not yet. I have one on my desk, been discussing with the PowUnity team for the last four weeks about a sensible solution for the Brose 2.1 Mag S motor without cutting into the existing cables. Will post any updates here..

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
Not yet. I have one on my desk, been discussing with the PowUnity team for the last four weeks about a sensible solution for the Brose 2.1 Mag S motor without cutting into the existing cables. Will post any updates here..
I posted on the Facebook page about it plus a video of Tori’s trails when fitting a light to the motor,but as with most things replies are slow as anything .

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
This looks quite good, but pricey.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
These look pretty good, but where would be a good place to put one on a bike? Surely "Inside" the frame would be a good place, but then it has to be taken out to charge and there is a really strong possibility that being surrounded by metal (mine is an alloy framed model) will kill both the GPS and GSM signals.
under the seat?

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
For the brose I would just pick up a brose tail light cable from Lupine, then make a nice waterproof connection between that cable and the gps unit so you don't have to modify stock cables.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles