Got some info on Fazua roll-out for North American market

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
I'm really excited about the lower weight full suspension Fazua based bikes (like the eZesty), but being in the USA means it could be a very long wait. I was able to chat with someone at Fazua and learned a few things:

1) I confirmed the max assist speed will be increased to 20mph for the US market. Awesome!
2) They expect to be ready for the North American market by summer 2019
3) They will be at the Sea Otter Classic show in April 2019 and will have test bikes to ride. I've made plans to attend.
4) In addition to their demo bikes their partners will exhibit several bikes with the Fazua drive. Any guesses as to what brands?

I've been on the fence between getting a new Turbo Levo or waiting for something like the eZesty. It seems like both are still a bit of a wait so I don't need to decide quite yet.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
I'm really excited about the lower weight full suspension Fazua based bikes (like the eZesty), but being in the USA means it could be a very long wait. I was able to chat with someone at Fazua and learned a few things:

1) I confirmed the max assist speed will be increased to 20mph for the US market. Awesome!
3) They will be at the Sea Otter Classic show in April 2019 and will have test bikes to ride. I've made plans to attend.
4) In addition to their demo bikes their partners will exhibit several bikes with the Fazua drive. Any guesses as to what brands?

I've been on the fence between getting a new Turbo Levo or waiting for something like the eZesty. It seems like both are still a bit of a wait so I don't need to decide quite yet.
I feel the same, I would have bought the eZesty if it was coming to the US sooner. Thanks for the info.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Awesome!! Hopefully that’ll be similar to Canada. Lapierre did have distribution here in the past. I haven’t seen much from them here in the last couple years. Fingers crossed we’ll see some availability on these . Thanks for the update?

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK

Not sure which brands, but they are unlikely to be the current ebike big boys - Haibike, Spec, Trek, Merida and Cube all have big ranges built around Bosch, Brose and Shimano already. Focus have a hard tail with Fazua, but someone on here said they were not going to be distributed in the US next year.

My guess would be that it will be more niche brands that don’t currently have an ebike in their range. Whyte in the UK confirmed at the bike show they will have Fazua powered bikes somewhere in their range in 2019, but they didn’t explicitly say it would definitely be an eMTB (apparently they are also going to have Bosch and Shimano too). YT maybe? Norco? Possibly even Santa Cruz? The ebike haters would absolutely LOVE that... ;):ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
Not sure which brands, but they are unlikely to be the current ebike big boys - Haibike, Spec, Trek, Merida and Cube all have big ranges built around Bosch, Brose and Shimano already. Focus have a hard tail with Fazua, but someone on here said they were not going to be distributed in the US next year.

My guess would be that it will be more niche brands that don’t currently have an ebike in their range. Whyte in the UK confirmed at the bike show they will have Fazua powered bikes somewhere in their range in 2019, but they didn’t explicitly say it would definitely be an eMTB (apparently they are also going to have Bosch and Shimano too). YT maybe? Norco? Possibly even Santa Cruz? The ebike haters would absolutely LOVE that... ;):ROFLMAO:

I would love to see Santa Cruz introduce a Fazua powered ebike. Seems like a good way to introduce an ebike with it being much closer to a regular bike considering all the ebike hate here in California. Other brands I thought about are Ellsworth, Orbea, Kona, Intense, or maybe even Scott. I would also like to have a Fazua ebike version of the Scott Spark.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Be nice if it was Norco. Rumour has it they have something special to be released. Everyone seems very tight lipped about. A distributor friend has released some ads on a few of their bikes but he’s not saying anything about the EMTB . Fingers crossed, their bikes have great lines and I like the larger the frame/longer the cs design they do. Bring back the truax in a carbon 180mm travel high single pivot with a fazua motor would be amazing. Sadly I think it’s a 150mm bike

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
If you have a decent ebike, wait it out, if not, get something asap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles