got out for a 49k ride ( pic's )

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
well got out with the group for a 49k ride today , weather perfect so was bike, no bikes in the pic, sorry.

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Hey Cheekynuke, battery took that easy , I had some big climbs & used turbo ( 100% ) had trail at 60% & eco at 25%, as was with a fast group. & I have not had much time on the levo this week. normally I run 20, 50, 100 & mostly use eco.
when I got home I had only used 60%. thanks for kind words.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
yes very happy with it, it rides & handles well, they are heavy but I don't notice the weight now. & I now have it set up & it rides fantastic over rough down hill. you could not see from the pic's but it's a very hilly area some big climbs. the easy to reach button very handy if you hit a climb or a big rock you need to get over, hit the button twice your in turbo and instant ( you peddle ) you have power to help.
got over 2,700k now

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
Blimey you have managed to get some miles on her mate. That's impressive. How are you finding the SRAM set ? I'm a shim man myself. I guess it's like going from an iPhone to an android.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
hey mate, have have not really tested the different brands, but it works and seems even better since I went to 36 tooth at crank. if you can believe that, seems to shift better . with this set up I don't need to shift a lot, the group I ride with have some good non E mountain bikes and I can hear them all banging through the gears when we hit a hill, but my shift seems sooth no crunching. as I can also hit the button & custom me power setting for each ride.
also on another note, I was at my LBS to pick up a new light as have a few meetings and they finish late also 15k ride home (DS just ended but weather still warm sunny & nights not cold. ) anyway when I got a new light they told me they had a new Merida HT that uses a Shimano motor ( less that half the price of my bike ) I picked it up & was a lot lighter too. but different set up. I seem to have my forks set up perfect the FSR works perfect, the brakes work good, the dropper post works & I use it a lot ( down hills ) the old model 3.0" x 27.5" work like magic 12psi front 15psi rear, tubeless & never had a flat, rear one just about smooth , they really roll fast too, I'm even used to the wall flex going hard around down hill. so would take a lot to get me to change. they only showed me so I could tell people they have one & at great price. in large. I'm an iPhone man & have two bionic ears that work wireless with iPhone so no chance of going Android.
cheers

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
hey mate, have have not really tested the different brands, but it works and seems even better since I went to 36 tooth at crank. if you can believe that, seems to shift better . with this set up I don't need to shift a lot, the group I ride with have some good non E mountain bikes and I can hear them all banging through the gears when we hit a hill, but my shift seems sooth no crunching. as I can also hit the button & custom me power setting for each ride.
also on another note, I was at my LBS to pick up a new light as have a few meetings and they finish late also 15k ride home (DS just ended but weather still warm sunny & nights not cold. ) anyway when I got a new light they told me they had a new Merida HT that uses a Shimano motor ( less that half the price of my bike ) I picked it up & was a lot lighter too. but different set up. I seem to have my forks set up perfect the FSR works perfect, the brakes work good, the dropper post works & I use it a lot ( down hills ) the old model 3.0" x 27.5" work like magic 12psi front 15psi rear, tubeless & never had a flat, rear one just about smooth , they really roll fast too, I'm even used to the wall flex going hard around down hill. so would take a lot to get me to change. they only showed me so I could tell people they have one & at great price. in large. I'm an iPhone man & have two bionic ears that work wireless with iPhone so no chance of going Android.
cheers
Thanks for the info buddy. Like you i'm an iPhone man myself and can't seem to get along with my work android phone. It's good to hear that you are having no issues with the SRAM stuff. I keep hearing conflicting things and it throws me off guard a bit. I just need to get out there and test ride the demo bike. Rutland have been in touch to get this organised. The lad over at head office is super helpful. I didn't look at the HT at all but i'll have a butchers at it.
You are now the fifth person to tell me to go tubeless bud. How much did it cost to do that ?

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
It was not cheap to go tubeless but only cause I don't have a pump that will shoot enough air in quick to put tyre out on the beads to seal. cost me $70 each tyre, but now I have the tubeless valves the tyre sealer not that expensive . so I'll look at a fitting for my air compressor as I think that will shoot enough air in quick ( not waisting money on a pump that builds up air then shoots it in, to put tyre out on its beads to seal. putting tyre on easy, putting sealer in easy. then pumping it high enough to sit & seal at the start I can do that with my pump. if it looses air just put more sealer in, then its right I never seem to need to even add air now. but rear tyre will need changing soon I'll take that off myself to inspect what the sealer looks like & how messy it is to remove. but have to be happy 2,700+ flat free!!

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
It was not cheap to go tubeless but only cause I don't have a pump that will shoot enough air in quick to put tyre out on the beads to seal. cost me $70 each tyre, but now I have the tubeless valves the tyre sealer not that expensive . so I'll look at a fitting for my air compressor as I think that will shoot enough air in quick ( not waisting money on a pump that builds up air then shoots it in, to put tyre out on its beads to seal. putting tyre on easy, putting sealer in easy. then pumping it high enough to sit & seal at the start I can do that with my pump. if it looses air just put more sealer in, then its right I never seem to need to even add air now. but rear tyre will need changing soon I'll take that off myself to inspect what the sealer looks like & how messy it is to remove. but have to be happy 2,700+ flat free!!
I think i need to have a good read up on going tubeless mate. It sounds a lot more complicated than i thought lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles