Giant Trance X e+ frame size for 5"11

Larno

Apr 10, 2022
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hi Guys, I'm 5'11, 100KG so kind of right in that awkward Medium vs Large frame area. Unfortunately, I don't really have the option to ride both sizes as stock is hard to find and all claimed by pre-orders.

Anyone a similar size that would recommend which size might be best or your experiences?

Thanks

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi Guys, I'm 5'11, 100KG so kind of right in that awkward Medium vs Large frame area. Unfortunately, I don't really have the option to ride both sizes as stock is hard to find and all claimed by pre-orders.

Anyone a similar size that would recommend which size might be best or your experiences?

Thanks
Hi, I’m 5,11 and 85kg. I have a 2021 trance in large and a 2022 trance advanced in medium. My experience is that both bikes fit, however, I’ve had to do a lot of adjustments to the large to get it just right, changing bars, dropping stem, etc, whereas the medium was pretty much ok straight off the batt. The geo is very similar on both my bikes but obviously one is carbon so a direct comparison is a bit unfair so take this view subjectively. I’ll say the medium is better for me on a daily ride, but I’ll do a 6hr 100k run on the large quite happily. So all that said if I had to go for one size it would be medium for me, mainly because the stand over height is better. I find when I crash the large I tend to get tangled up with the bike, but I seem to be able to hop off the medium. Everything can be adjusted or replaced to fit, but obviously you can’t change the frame once your in, so maybe check the seat height is correct for you when making your decision.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles