DT33

Apr 4, 2024
Canada
I am a retired guy, and my my riding style is very
casual and easy going.
Fun and fitness.
Back roads and lite easy trails.
Ride a full size and heavy EMTB now.

Rode a Santa Cruz heckler SL and was very impressed.
Lighter weigh just made it seem more fun.
And electric shifting impressed me.

Where I live price is similar to the Giant Trance Advanced E+ elite 1

How would they compare?
For my easy going riding style?

thanks

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Interesting thread, I’m in a similar situation, riding full fat emtb now and loving it, yet I tested the Trance Elite and really liked the weight difference and adjustable torque motor…
The new Heckler SL seems to check all the boxes as well, definitely need to have the Range Extender which is supposed to be available later this year… 🤔

DT33

Apr 4, 2024
Canada
Going by memory but I will add that SC says 43 lbs, vs 46-47 according to a Giant dealer.
Do not think this would make a difference to me.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Going by memory but I will add that SC says 43 lbs, vs 46-47 according to a Giant dealer.
Do not think this would make a difference to me.
I think the higher end Elite + models weigh less (e.g. the highest trim weighs 41 pounds), but still probably 2-3 lbs more than comparable “SL” bikes EDIT: because it has a full powered motor.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Interesting choice to have to make, without throwing a leg over either of them:

The Giant has a reliable and well liked motor, but their frames can lack high end finishes and details.

On the other hand, SC make possibly the best quality frames, but feedback on the Fazua has been pretty mixed with reliability and refinement not being the best.

Curt_H

Apr 3, 2022
Twin lakes, CO
I'd also consider the 2 model w/o the live valve slx components etc. really pleased with mine, and perhaps you could use the $ for nicer wheels if you go with the giant? Did u pull the trigger on either one?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles