Giant RidControl app - understanding the power tracking

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
can anyone tell me what the power analysis is actually showing on the ridecontrol app? Is it acting as a powermeter showing the amount of power being input by the rider, or is it a power usage showing the amount of battery being taken out of the battery?

And if its the latter, and you have adjusted the power setting in the bottom setting to 50% of your input can you effectively it as a power meter to multiply the output by 2 to get the power input from the rider?

I'm asking as I'm trying to work out my wattage over my ride, or is it just too inconsistent?

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
did you found how it works? I recently connected to my Garmin and it give me low watts results

PedalPlus 6-Sensor Technology | Giant Bicycles Official site (giant-bicycles.com)

TORQUE SENSOR TECHNOLOGY

The torque sensor reacts to pedal pressure. The more pressure you apply to the pedals, the more support you get from the motor. It precisely measures this force so that the motor can deliver a seamless power boost.

Which Garmin are you using? does it have a 1sec mode for data? most riders use 3sec avg power usually, which can show low watts as it's not instant and delays from the gps unit can also occur.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles