What don't you like about your giant apart from the app

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all I really like my trance the colour the brakes surprisingly and now the fork has an upgraded damper with shorter stem and riser bars it's great ? but I wondered if u could tell my giant what u wanted the 2021 bike to be what don't u like I'll start with the weight it didn't have to be nearly 25kgs the battery is massively over built ! I'd love a 29 front wheel and maybe 15-20 on the reach ? And chop the same off the chain stay thanks all ?

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
An improved battery for sure. My only real complaint has been the size of the battery compared to other companies considering the less range I get out of it over a bosch for example with the same WH battery. Bosch is close to half the size in the downtube. Other than that I love the bike and its handled everything ive thrown at it. Kind of agree with you on the reach, makes me feel I should of got the bigger size but nothing a slightly longer stem with 40mm riser bars didnt fix.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
I'm not a fan of the 400wh battery. A 5-600 would give me that extra head room. I'm always conscious of range when I go out.

My particular Fathom also was built with a slightly twisted downtube - it's straight, but just welded wrong to the BB and head tube. The battery sticks slightly out to one side. I considered taking it back and getting a replacement, but it was the last in the country before the 2020 models and I really wanted the 27.5"x2.6 wheel version.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles