Other Gen1 Levo - Lyrik discount worth the upgrade ?

Xav

May 3, 2021
South of France
Hello,
I own a Gen1 levo - Comp Carbon from 2018. I have reviewed many thread on this forum with regards to fork upgrade which seems to kind of recommend moving away from stock Revelation RC.
Today with the new 2023 Lyric out, I can see good deals (under 700€) for lyric ultimate 2021 RC2 with 2.1 charger.

Would you say this is worth upgrade the Gen1 levo or would you consider better saving money on new models ?

When I look at new models the price have gone completely mad... and you only get entry level suspension.

I ride rough rocky dusty terrain like you kind find in south of france but also forest singles and a bit of bike park time to time
I can ride very technical terrain at moderate to good speed - but not extreme.

Modification to stock bike for which I can 'feel' real improvements:
- 29 2.6 front
- 27.5 / 2.8 rear with air-liner
- DVO topaz T3 air

Some explanations: I have always felt that the rear was under gunned compared to the front. After topaz T3 air + air-liner I now kind of feels this is the front... Maybe some of you will find this is expected.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
I replaced my Gen 2's basic Rev's with Zeb Ultimate and it's made a world of difference, not that the Rev's were bad, just the Zeb so much better. The Lyriks would be great upgrade, I only went Zeb as I'm a larger lad, but only you can decide if spending that money is worthwhile or you definitely on track to replace the bike.
TBH I've kept the Rev's to fit to the bike when I sell it.. and I'll move the Zev's onto my new bike

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles