Levo Gen 2 Lyrik fork upgrade

Josep

Apr 11, 2020
Spain
Hi.
For those who may be interested, I have updated my lyrik fork of my TL comp 2020 from 150mm to 160mm with the DebonAir C1 - Mj 2021 kit | 160 mm Lyrik / Yari A1 with low friction green SKF seals. What we achieve with the DebonAir kit is to lose the half centimeter that the fork has at rest. After the first test for trialeras, jumps and trails the feeling of softness and touch has improved considerably, nothing to envy the best forks on the market, SKF seals provide extra softness. One very important thing is that when air is introduced, inflate the fork at 10 psi intervals each interval, make 5 fork extensions so that we equalize the two chambers equally (valid for standard forks). This update can be done on all Lyrik and Yari forks from 2016. Attached references and photos.
FB_IMG_1593883667448.jpg

FB_IMG_1593883676374.jpg

FB_IMG_1593883683927.jpg

FB_IMG_1593883695917.jpg

Last edited:

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
I did not understand the post
The Stock lyrik select has the charger RC damper. The Ultimate has the Charger 2.1 damper which has alot more adjustment and overall better performance. You can retro fit the damper, its easier than fitting the airspring. Cost is usually under £300.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
I have a 2020 Levo Comp with 150mm Lyrik Select. I was given a 160mm air spring (not the 2021 version).

I'm a bit confused and would like to better understand the various upgrade paths for this fork ($ and options and benefits).

Looks like there is:
(1) 160mm air spring upgrade
(2) 160mm 2021 air spring upgrade
(3) Charger 2.1 upgrade

Last edited:

M4rtz

Aug 5, 2020
Leeds
Hi.
For those who may be interested, I have updated my lyrik fork of my TL comp 2020 from 150mm to 160mm with the DebonAir C1 - Mj 2021 kit | 160 mm Lyrik / Yari A1 with low friction green SKF seals. What we achieve with the DebonAir kit is to lose the half centimeter that the fork has at rest. After the first test for trialeras, jumps and trails the feeling of softness and touch has improved considerably, nothing to envy the best forks on the market, SKF seals provide extra softness. One very important thing is that when air is introduced, inflate the fork at 10 psi intervals each interval, make 5 fork extensions so that we equalize the two chambers equally (valid for standard forks). This update can be done on all Lyrik and Yari forks from 2016. Attached references and photos.
View attachment 34944

View attachment 34945

View attachment 34946

View attachment 34947
Looking to do the exact same with my forks. What mm are the fork seals ? I’ve had a look and I think they’re 35mm but want to double check. Did you notice much difference from this also ?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Yes they are 35mm. I cannot say I felt much of a difference when replacing stock grey seals with green ones from SKF.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Options 2 & 3 are the ones you want to take you to the latest setup. However if you already have a 160mm spring you can buy a kit to upgrade it. 2021 C1 Debonair Air Spring DIY Upgrade Kit Pike, Yari, Lyrik

Thanks....I did option 2. Nice improvement. Was easy to do and not very expensive.

did the 2021 airshaft upgrade on my clockwork enduro bike a few weeks ago and can highly recommend it, also seems to hold the fork higher up on the midrange stroke too.

Agree.....that vague spot in the top of the travel is now gone and the fork feels much more stable.

Bpietro

Jul 9, 2020
Atlanta
Sorry to activate a old thread. But does anyone know what seal kit I would need for the air spring change? About to order the 2021 Debonair

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Sorry to activate a old thread. But does anyone know what seal kit I would need for the air spring change? About to order the 2021 Debonair
you dont need a seal kit mate, just the air spring and the oil/grease.
if youre talking about the 35mm fork seal then im fairly sure that I read the standard ones are SKF, so changing them for SKF (if youre looking for an upgrade) is fairly pointless..

Bpietro

Jul 9, 2020
Atlanta
you dont need a seal kit mate, just the air spring and the oil/grease.
if youre talking about the 35mm fork seal then im fairly sure that I read the standard ones are SKF, so changing them for SKF (if youre looking for an upgrade) is fairly pointless..
Thanks! Now I’m contemplating on putting a charger 2.1 in my lyric select while im in there. Is it really a major difference?

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
The 2021 Debonair shaft is the best bang for buck upgrade for the Lyrik select.
It's very noticeable, not expensive.

The 2.1 charger damper (bladder) is at least 5 times expensive as the airshaft. The original RC damper (IFP) is better than the Motion Control damper used e.g in Yari Models..
If money counts, then I would recommend to upgrade the airshaft first and ride, test if it suits.
The benefit of the charger 2.1 damper upgrade may also depend on your riding style, terrain, weight and last but not least on how much you could and like to play with the additional adjustable settings (RCT3 or even RC2)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles